WASHINGTON, March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National League of Cities (NLC), the US Conference of Mayors (USCM) and the National Association of Counties (NACo) will mobilize a group of bipartisan local officials and Members of Congress during a press event tomorrow. The event will discuss the economic and job-creating impacts of the Community Development Block Grant and other issues important to cities and counties.
Preliminary results of a report conducted by third-party IHS Global Insight will show how CDBG generates broad based economic benefits in local economies, including the use of CDBG to attract additional investment in important public and private sector community and economic initiatives.
National League of Cities
- NLC President James E. Mitchell, Jr., Council Member, Charlotte, NC
- NLC First Vice-President Ted Ellis, Mayor, Bluffton, IN
United States Conference of Mayors
- USCM President Elizabeth B. Kautz, Mayor, Burnsville, MN
- USCM Community Development and Housing Chair, Newton, MA Mayor Setti Warren
National Association of Counties
- NACo President B. Glen Whitley, Judge, Tarrant County, TX
- NACo Member Rushern L. Baker III, County Executive, Prince George's County, MD
IHS Global Insight
- Regional Economies Director James Diffley, Lead Author of Report
When: Wednesday, March 16, 2011
9:00 AM (sharp)
Where: Senate Hart Office Building
Room 902 (use the north elevator bank)
Continental breakfast will be provided.
Note: Any camera crews must be members of the Senate Press Gallery. Daily passes available through the gallery.
SOURCE National League of Cities