NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Maggie Flanigan Studio ( http://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ ) is currently signing on new students for its celebrated Fall Meisner Intensive. The nine-week acting program offers students the first third of first year Meisner Technique in 18 classes, running from October 9th until December 14th. Classes are taught two days a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Admission is based on an interview.
This particular Fall Meisner Intensive is best suited for:
- Actors new to NYC who are both curious about the Meisner technique and serious actor training in general. The class offers clarity and advice for those looking to NYC as the beginning chapter in their pursuit of an actor's life.
- Those who have always wanted to pursue professional, intensive training but have not had the opportunity or the free time during the summer, when Meisner intensives are usually offered.
- Individuals whose schedules are better suited to two-day-a-week training rather than three.
- Students interested in beginning a two-year Meisner program but wish to get a sense of the work during the fall before fully committing.
The nine-week acting program is also a perfect match for the following applicants:
- Students who have completed or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, and who understand the intense, immersive training needed to perfect the acting craft.
- Actors who thrive in small studio classes; especially classes with other students who are utterly committed to honing their craft.
- Ambitious actors who want to spend an autumn season learning about the art of acting, and the hard work that goes into illuminating the human condition from the most highly regarded acting studio in NYC.
Pure Meisner technique is difficult to find in the city. Since most programs push enrollment numbers, and often offer only a watered down version of Meisner's technique, many aspiring actors waste a great deal of time and money. The Maggie Flanigan Studio is not only dedicated to preserving Meisner training as originally created by Sanford Meisner, but also providing students with an MFA caliber training experience.
"What is Meisner, and what does it offer? Basically, it gets at the core of acting itself: the ability to do truthfully under imaginary circumstances, consistently. Most actors simply indicate — they pretend. But really good actors learn to create organic, vivid human behavior. And that's what we teach our students," said Executive Director and Head of Acting, Charlie Sandlan.
Testimonials about the Maggie Flanigan Studio experience from actors, directors and former students speak for themselves:
"Maggie Flanigan is uncompromising, her instincts as a teacher are razor sharp. She doesn't miss a beat." — Sam Rockwell, Actor.
"Maggie Flanigan has been one of the most important people in my artistic life. I want to work with Maggie trained actors. As an actor myself, she is my first source. I do not say this lightly, if you are serious about acting, and willing to work very hard, then go to Maggie." — Stephen Adly Guirgis, Actor/Director/Screenwriter/Playwright
"I had taken a lot of acting classes and worked with a lot of acting teachers before I came to this studio. I can say without a doubt that the faculty and staff are beyond exceptional." — Nabil Traboulsi, Studio Alumnus.
"Before I came to the Maggie Flanigan Studio, I genuinely attempted this career without seeking proper training. I didn't have an ounce of confidence. I couldn't tell you why I wanted to be an actor. Having just finished this program, I'm a different person, and this is a whole new career." — Claire Ganshert, Studio Alumnus.
About Maggie Flanigan Studio
Located in the heart of New York City, Maggie Flanigan Studio was founded in 2001 to teach the Meisner technique of acting. Maggie Flanigan trained in Meisner with William Esper and served with distinction as an MFA acting instructor at Rutgers University for 18 years. New York City's "Home for the Serious Actor" is currently lead by Charlie Sandlan, who guides an exceptional faculty in teaching the next generation of aspiring actors. Learn more at: http://www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/actingprograms/.
Executive Director & Head Of Acting
Maggie Flanigan Studio
153 W 27th St #803
New York, New York 10001
SOURCE Maggie Flanigan Studio