NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Pret's WonderFall Menu features a variety of 15 new and returning products, including a guest favorite, the Fall Harvest Salad. The seasonal menu offers a range of salads, sandwiches, soups and three-barista prepared drinks, all prepared in Pret shop kitchens using natural, ethically-sourced ingredients.
Headlining the WonderFall menu is the return of Pret's popular Fall Harvest Salad, this year with a charitable component. The Pret Foundation, Pret's charity, will donate $1 from every salad sold to the food rescue organizations that collect Pret's unsold food every night to feed the hungry. In New York the salad is named the City Harvest Salad, in support of Pret's longstanding food rescue partner, City Harvest. The donations from the salad will be collected from September 19 until Thanksgiving, and are expected to surpass $75,000 – enough to feed over 3,200 families in need for a month.
The Fall Harvest Salad features chargrilled chicken, diced Gala apples, creamy ricotta, candied pecans, roasted butternut squash and shredded beets over a bed of mesclun greens.
"For over 17 years, Pret and our charity, The Pret Foundation, have supported local food rescue organizations in the cities we operate in in the US. It makes us proud that the food we freshly prepare in our shop kitchens each day is not only enjoyed by our customers, but is donated to those that need it once our shops close in the evenings. Without partners like City Harvest, this would be very challenging for us to do," says Jo Brett, President of Pret US.
In addition to the Fall Harvest Salad, Pret's WonderFall menu includes the following seasonal items:
- Balsamic Chicken & Dijon Brussels Sprouts Balance Box: Chargrilled chicken (antibiotic-free), roasted butternut squash, Dijon Brussels sprouts, beet hummus, and a brown rice, red quinoa and chickpea grain mix, served over fresh spinach and paired with a balsamic dressing.
- Falafel & Turmeric Cauliflower Balance Box (vegan): Falafel, roasted cauliflower, Dijon Brussels sprouts, beet hummus, and a brown rice, red quinoa and chickpea grain mix, served over fresh spinach and paired with a Turmeric Miso Ginger dressing.
- Fall Harvest Chicken Flatbread: Balsamic chicken (antibiotic-free), diced gala apple, dried cranberries, roasted butternut squash and fresh mesclun wrapped in a Middle Eastern flatbread.
- Brie & Cranberry Artisan Baguette (vegetarian): Sliced brie, fresh spinach, candied pecans, tangy cranberry sauce and Pret's yogurt dressing on an artisan baguette.
- Pret's Thanksgiving Lunch: Roasted turkey breast (antibiotic-free), fresh spinach, crispy onions, pork and apricot stuffing, tangy cranberry sauce and cage-free mayo on 9-grain bread.
- Pumpkin Bisque (vegan): Velvety pumpkin purée simmered in coconut milk, apple cider, sea salt and a seasonal spice blend.
- Beef & Farro Veggie Soup: A hearty soup filled with tender pieces of beef, farro and a medley of vegetables including carrots, leeks and parsnips.
- Pret's Fall Protein Pot: A brown rice, red quinoa and chickpea grain mix topped with roasted turkey breast (antibiotic-free), dried cranberries and Dijon Brussels sprouts.
- Spiced Pumpkin & Apple Yogurt Parfait (vegetarian): Greek yogurt topped with spiced pumpkin butter, diced gala apple, crunchy granola and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Spiced Pumpkin Muffin (vegetarian): A spiced pumpkin muffin topped with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and pecans.
- Ginger Molasses Cookie (vegetarian): A soft and chewy spiced cookie sweetened with brown sugar and molasses, with a kick of ginger.
- Spiced Pumpkin Latte: Made with organic espresso, organic milk, real pumpkin puree and a touch of spice. This drink is the perfect fall treat finished with a generous swirl of organic whipped cream.
- Apple Cider: Available hot or iced, Pret's spiced apple cider is made simply from pressed apples and a touch of spice.
- Almond Turmeric Latte: A warm and earthy balance of almond milk, turmeric and spices. Available hot or iced.
High resolution images for media use are available here: http://bit.ly/2w3a7cd
Founded in London in 1986, Pret A Manger is a sandwich and coffee shop creating fresh, handmade sandwiches, salads and wraps in our shop kitchens each day using natural, ethically sourced ingredients. The food doesn't have a "sell-by" date; Pret supports local food rescue organizations by donating unsold food at the end of each day. Pret A Manger is a privately held company with around 450 stores located in the US, UK, Hong Kong, France, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore. Pret currently has 84 U.S. stores in New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Philadelphia, Newport, NJ and Boston.
SOURCE Pret A Manger