LOS ANGELES, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- PriceGrabber®, a part of Experian, announces its forecast of 2010's top holiday gadgets. The methodology used to develop this product list combined PriceGrabber survey data, internal Web analytics and secondary research (Engadget, CNET and specific retailer Websites).
"Shoppers have become very smart over the past few years, forcing intense rivalry among popular manufacturers. This year, we expect to see an uptick in product wars and especially fierce competition around new product releases in the categories of mobile phones, tablets, DSLR cameras and 3-D televisions," stated Laura Conrad, president of PriceGrabber. "We expect all of the products on the PriceGrabber top products list to succeed in winning the consumer dollar during the 2010 holiday shopping season."
Below are PriceGrabber's top forecasted holiday gadgets (products are not ranked):
- Motorola® DROID™ smartphone: The DROID™ 2 by Motorola® includes an Android™ 2.2 operating system and features a 3.7-inch full touch screen and improved slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Its 1GHz processor helps consumers quickly navigate across the Web and email, as well as their favorite apps.
- Apple® iPad™ tablet: This tablet computer was introduced in April 2010. Its popularity can be attributed to its multitouch display and cross-functionality.
- Apple® iPhone™ 4: Apple®'s fourth-generation multimedia-enabled smartphone is among the most popular cellular devices on the market due to its touch-screen capabilities, video calling and access to more than 200,000 mobile apps.
- Canon EOS Rebel DSLR camera: The Canon EOS Rebel T2i brings professional EOS features into an easy-to-use, lightweight digital SLR. Its features include an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS image sensor, increased light sensitivity for low light photography and advanced HD movie mode for full HD movies.
- Xbox 360® Video console: With a sleek new design, 4GB flash memory and built-in Wi-Fi, the new Xbox 360® gives consumers the ultimate gaming and entertainment experience.
- SAMSUNG™ 55-inch 3-D LED television: Along with a stunning 3-D picture, consumers can use Web-connected Samsung apps to stream movies, play games and flip through photos. Additionally, its 240Hz Clear Motion Rate virtually eliminates all motion blur so the picture is crisp.
- Apple TV®: Apple TV® streams movies, television shows, music, podcasts and other media to a central HDTV. Consumers can enjoy content from the iTunes Store, the Internet, and other computers without the need to sync back and forth.
Other notable product trends forecasted to make a splash during the holiday season include the Blackberry® Torch™ smartphone, which debuted in mid-August, and 3-D video games for the Nintendo® Wii™ and Sony™ Playstation®.
PriceGrabber, a part of Experian, is a leading online shopping site with more than 23 million unique shoppers monthly. At PriceGrabber, savvy shoppers can instantly find and compare millions of unique products and services across 25 categories with more than 11,000 merchants. Compare products side by side to find the right retailers at the best prices within popular categories, such as Digital Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Books, TVs and more. PriceGrabber provides shoppers with the right product from the right merchant at the best price anytime, anywhere. Visit us at http://www.pricegrabber.com.
Experian® is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 90 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2010, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.