SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises has announced the newest additions to the Encounters with Discovery at Sea speaker series program. Princess Cruises will welcome a variety of celebrities and notables to share their experiences on board with guests on select sailings this year. From astronomy, sports, and entertainment to well-being and pop culture, the Encounters with Discovery at Sea speakers will educate, inspire and entertain guests on the high seas.
The program is part of the Discovery at Sea partnership with Discovery Communications which launched in 2014. The Discovery at Sea experience on board Princess Cruises features themed tours, science activities, hands-on programs and games based on Discovery's breadth of brands and programming. The interactive experiences are designed to bring to life the nature, wildlife and history of the regions guests are sailing.
The Encounters with Discovery at Sea speaker series features regional destination specialists, as well as naturalists and experts in their fields. The newest additions to the speaker series features a wide variety of experts and entertainers who add to the immersive experience of a Princess cruise vacation.
"We are delighted to welcome such high caliber individuals to our ships this year," said Denise Saviss, vice president of entertainment experience for Princess Cruises. "The Encounters with Discovery at Sea speaker series truly demonstrates Princess' ongoing commitment to serving our guests with highly engaging and memorable experiences to provide the vacation of a lifetime."
The California Coast
The California Coast speaker series will debut on Ruby, Star, Grand and Island Princess five-10 day sailings departing March through May 2017. Stars from the screen and stage will entertain guests, including:
- Shirley Jones: Oscar-winning actress, star of iconic movie musicals, and the popular 1970s TV show "The Partridge Family"
- Pete Best: Original drummer for the Beatles
- John Mauceri: Los Angeles Philharmonic & Hollywood Bowl Conductor and Producer, Grammy, Tony, Olivier and Billboard award winner
- Denny Seiwell: Drummer and founding member of Wings
- Allan Dennis Rich: Oscar, Golden Globe and Grammy nominee
- Linda Gray: Actress and Director, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee
- Charles Fox: Grammy and Emmy award-winning American composer, Oscar and Golden Globe nominee
More information about the California Coast speakers can be found here.
Guests will delight in stories from personalities in royalty, entertainment, politics and sport aboard Crown Princess this year, on seven and 14-day cruises to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe from April to September 2017. Speakers include:
- Katie Nicholl: Royal correspondent and commentator
- Beverley Callard: From Emmerdale to Coronation Street, come hear the stories from one of English television's most popular actresses
- Harry Redknapp: Hear the stories, both on and off the field from one the U.K.'s well known football players and managers
- Graham Gooch OBE: Hear the stories of one of England's most prominent cricket players and Captains and author of Captaincy, My Cricket Diary '81, and Testing Times
- Terry Butcher: Come hear the stories from one of England's most prominent football players and managers and author of Butcher - My Autobiography
- Paul Burrell RVM: Come hear the stories from one of the Royal family's most trusted and well known Butlers and author of A Royal Duty
- Mike Gatting OBE: From football to a cricket legend, come hear the stories, both on and off the field, from one of England's most treasured players and author of Leading from the Front
- Sherrie Hewson: actor, presenter, broadcaster and novelist
- Edwina Currie: former Member of Parliament, novelist and broadcaster
More information about the Europe speakers can be found here.
Each speaker will host a 45-minute talk followed by a question and answer session, as well as a meet-and-greet opportunity with photographs and book signings. Additionally some speakers will be judges on 'The Voice of the Ocean," an onboard singing competition for guests that Princess features in partnership with the worldwide TV hit phenomenon. Princess Cruises continually adds guest stars to the Encounters with Discovery at Sea lineup in destinations around the globe throughout the year. New speakers and additional information on the Encounters with Discovery at Sea program can be found here.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 18 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. As the world's largest international premium cruise brand, Princess carries two million guests each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in length from three to 114 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL;NYSE:CUK).
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news.
SOURCE Princess Cruises