Protiviti (www.protiviti.com), a global consulting firm, is hosting an educational event for Dallas finance and internal audit professionals designed to help them address some of the biggest challenges that businesses face today, while earning eight accounting and auditing Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Open to all levels and functions, Guidance through Powerful Insights is a one-day learning and networking event that will feature sessions with Protiviti experts and guest panelists from local C-suites.
Sessions will explore such topics as:
● Emerging IT trends and technologies – CIO panel ● Shared services performance improvement ● Hot boardroom issues – CAE panel ● Identifying fraud risk ● What the PCAOB's agenda means for your company ● Hot topics in financial reporting ● Secrets to your company's success in a rapidly changing environment ● Critical capabilities and professional development needs for finance professionals – CFO panel
Friday, Sept. 7, 2012
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. CDT: Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CDT: Sessions (lunch will be provided)
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center
5410 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas, TX 75244
Speakers and sessions will include:
● Susan Haseley, managing director, Protiviti, moderates Chief Audit Executive (CAE) Panel Discussion: Hot Topics from the Boardroom
● Dan Reyero, managing director, Protiviti, moderates Chief Information Officer (CIO) Panel* Discussion: Emerging IT Trends and Technologies * Panelists will include Mark Stone, senior VP and CIO, Safety-Kleen (petroleum services); Ed Marx, CIO, THR (healthcare); Darrin Whitney, senior VP and CIO, Genband (telecommunication manufacturing); and Bill Owens, CIO, Union Drilling (energy)
● Ryan Senter, managing director, Protiviti, moderates Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Panel Discussion: Finance Capabilities and Needs
● Jay Thompson, managing director, Protiviti, presents Secrets of a Successful Company in a Rapidly Changing Environment
● Bob Hirth, member of PCAOB Standing Advisory Group and managing director, Protiviti, presents The PCAOB Agenda for 2012 and Beyond: What It Means for Your Company
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems in finance, technology, operations, governance, risk and internal audit. Through its network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, Protiviti has served more than 35 percent of FORTUNE® 1000 and Global 500 companies. The firm also works with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies.
Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half International is a member of the S&P 500 index.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.