NORWALK, Conn., June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Psychiatric Times, a leading online community for mental health professionals, presents up-to-date reporting by leaders in the field in psychiatry in the area of practice management.
Among the features this month found online and in the print edition of Psychiatric Times:
- Expanding Your Practice and Avoiding Burnout Special Report Chair Jeremy A. Lazarus, MD gives a broad picture of the issues psychiatrists face as they take a clear-eyed look at the opportunities and challenges in the emerging health care system.
- Keys to Successfully Working With Primary Care Physicians Although most major organizations recognize the importance of collaboration, the challenge for psychiatry is how to best integrate different aspects of psychiatric and primary care.
- "Burnout": Strategies to Prevent and Overcome a Common—and Dangerous—Problem Psychiatrists are particularly susceptible to burnout because of the nature of their work and the populations they serve.
- Fee Agreements: What Works, What Doesn't—and How to Use Them This article reviews the many forms of fee agreement and notes the important factors to consider as well as questions to ask to properly assess and vet what may be best for one's practice.
- An Update on the Maintenance of Certification Program for Psychiatry Everything you need to know about the MOC process.
Psychiatric Times is the country's leading psychiatric publication and regularly publishes content on key issues in mental health.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US