NORTHBROOK, Ill., April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is notifying Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), electrical contractors, electricians and retailers that the model LED Lighting Controller identified below bears an unauthorized UL Mark for the United States. The product has not been evaluated by UL to the appropriate Standard for Safety for the United States, and is not authorized to bear the UL Mark. It is unknown if this product complies with U.S. safety requirements.
Name of Product: RGB DMX Controller, Model PX24500
Units: Unknown quantity
Manufacturer: Shanghai Euchips Industrial Co., Ltd.
Date of Manufacture: Unknown
Identification: The controller is marked with an unauthorized UL Mark and the following:
RGB DMX Controller
PX24500 5Ax3RGB Channel
INPUT: 12-24V----15A max
OUTPUT: To RGB LED
Known To Be Sold at:
- China.Cn - http://euchips.en.china.cn/selling-leads/detail,1088513032,DMX-driver.html
- Nova Vision NY - http://www.novavisionny.com/px24500.html
- CTD Optoelectronics Co. Ltd - http://led-manufacturer-china.com/LED-controller-parts-china/LED-controller-parts-LED-controller-PX24500-83/
- KeyTec - http://www.keytecled.com/cp1.asp?ArticleID=276
- Eco Light - http://www.ecolightled.com/product/dmx_driver_px24500_rgb_led/dmx_lighting_control
Photos of the product: Photos available at http://www.ul.com/global/eng/pages/corporate/newsroom/publicnotices/
UL is a premier global safety science company with more than 100 years of proven history. Employing more than 6800 professionals in over 96 countries, UL is evolving the future of safety with five distinct business units – Product Safety, Environment, Life & Health, Verification and University–to meet the expanding needs of customers and the global public. Additional information about UL can be found at UL.com or Safetyathome.com.
SOURCE Underwriters Laboratories