OPELOUSAS, La., May 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- This juicy pork burger is absolutely perfect topped with zesty pimento cheese atop a buttery bun. Using Tony Chachere's® BOLD Creole Seasoning and Burger Marinade, Kita Roberts of Girl Carnivore says these patties prove you don't have to go over the top to create a crazy good burger loaded with flavor.
ZESTY PIMENTO CHEESEBURGER
For the Pimento Cheese:
4 Ounces Cream Cheese
8 Ounces Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
8 Ounces Pimentos, Minced
2 Ounces Relish
1/3 Cup Mayo
1 Tablespoon Tony's BOLD Seasoning
For the Burger:
1 Pound Ground Pork
1/2 Cup Tony's Burger Marinade, Divided
1 Beefsteak Tomato, Sliced
1/2 Onion, Sliced Thin
Crisp Lettuce, Torn and Rinsed
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Makes: 8 Burgers
Making the Pimento Cheese:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheddar and mix until combined. Add in the pimentos, relish, mayo and Tony's BOLD Seasoning and beat until completely smooth.
- If making ahead, store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Allow to sit out for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Making the Burgers:
- Preheat grill for indirect heat.
- Mix the ground pork with ¼ cup of the Tony's Burger Marinade. If you really want to level things up, add a teaspoon of BOLD Seasoning to the mix.
- Form into eight 2-ounce patties.
- Grill the patties until they are cooked through, basting with the remaining ¼ cup of Burger Marinade 3 to 4 times while cooking, and the pork temperature is at 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and immediately top each patty with a slathering of pimento cheese. Arrange lettuce, tomato and onion on the burger buns and top with a double pimento cheese patty. Place the remaining bun halves on top and serve hot.
Tony Chachere's® Famous Creole Cuisine was founded in 1972 by Tony Chachere, the "Ole Master" of Creole cooking. Tony Chachere's® continues to be family owned-and-operated and is located in Opelousas, Louisiana. You can get more Tony Chachere's® recipes and products by visiting tonychachere.com/Recipes. For all of the cooking tips you need, go to tonychachere.com/Video.
SOURCE Tony Chachere's