LONDON, Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In this report we have carried out detailed analysis of the PVC market in accordance with the MRC internal standards. Before starting the preparation of the Report we studied numerous researches conducted earlier on the PVC market by other companies and discovered several common gaps that had not allowed obtaining objective assessment of the Russian PVC market before.
- We have added general data about PVC shipments to Belarus. The common mistake in many researches is that the overall PVC consumption in Russia was frequently calculated without taking into account exports to this Republic. Russian customs officers do not take account of imports/exports from/to Belarus, considering it to be domestic trade.
- We have tried to estimate the capacity of the Russian PVC market, reducing the
consumption of the all known compounds based on unmixed PVC, in accordance with the
formulae of rigid, soft compounds as well as PVC-paste, regarding consumption volume
of unmixed PVC. Thus, general reduced capacity of the PVC market is calculated as
consumption of unmixed PVC and consumption of unmixed PVC in compounds.
Contrariwise: we have also estimated the capacity of PVC compounds market by
converting unmixed PVC consumption indices into domestic output of PVC compounds in
- If you take the statistics of the domestic output as the basis for goods made of polyvinyl
chloride in the Russian Federation, then, unfortunately, your assessments of some PVC
processing sectors would be basically incorrect. Thus, the Federal State Statistics Service
of the Russian Federation takes into account processing volumes of only two dozens of
PVC converters. At the same time, the Federal State Statistics Service doesn't take into
account production statistics in the largest consumption sectors (particularly, in the official
statistics you will not find any data on production of window and door profiles, windowsills
or panels), though today there are more than 500 KTa of PVC are being converted in
these sectors. So, the leader of domestic PVC processing, Profine Rus, submit statistics
only on «rigid compounds production». Corporate standards of this group suppose
reporting to the statistics service of the country, where Profiine works, but nevertheless
there is no code "profile-linear goods" in our statistics.
- We have taken into account processing volumes of more than 400 processors, including
200 consumers of rigid PVC grades used to produce profile goods and 70 consumers of
soft PVC grades for film and elastron production. That is why, our PVC consumption
volume estimations for the processors significantly differ from official statistical
- We studied PVC traders' sales and tried to focus on end PVC converters. To achieve this
we used more than 10 information sources, including detailed statistics on financial
indices and domestic services in the Russian Federation. We collected PVC sales
statistics on each converter, using data on transportation by rail and road along with
- We have also collected PVC supplies statistics on all producers in the market of the
Russian Federation in the context of each PVC grade. We analyzed all 500 PVC grades
that have been sold in the Russian market. If the analytics of imported grades supplies
can be collected in the market itself, the grade range of the Russian PVC producers can
only be found in our annual report. Only having collected summarized sales data on
some certain PVC grades, we managed to determine PVC consumption volumes in each
- We also got higher estimation of profile goods, than it used to be considered before the
preparation of the report. We managed to distribute C7068(59)M grade, produced by all
PVC producers in Russia, more correctly. In accordance with the European standards,
this grade is not used in production of window profiles, siding, wall panels, etc. However,
according to our data, Russian profile producers very often blend this grade with PVC-S
grade ?5868Zh or with any other grades with K-63, 64, completing compositions up to
- We carried out in-depth analysis of every PVC processing equipment supplies. In our
analytical report each converter was referred to one or another processing sector, which,
in its turn, was regarded to a PVC grade. The rating of the most significant investments
made by converters has been prepared for each sector. Consequently, using the obtained
dynamics of capital investments into equipment we can judge about objective
perspectives for further growth in each PVC processing sector.
- Basing on the PVC processing investment data as well as using domestic service
statistics in Russia, we got an authentic view of PVC processing development in each
region of Russia.
- The data on PVC consumption and investments into processing do not provide us with
the full view about Russian market potential. Deliveries of finished PVC goods start to
play more important role. Over the last years imports of PVC goods into Russia exceeded
300 thousand tons. That was why, we analyzed imports of finished goods over the period
of 2007-2015 and made more precise assumptions about the nature and development of
every processing sector as well as about the potential of Russian producers in view of
the potential import substitution.
- Producers ratings were compiled on the basis of our own estimations of PVC
consumption, as well as ratings of sales of each PVC grade in each sector. That was
done for you to get a clear picture which PVC grades are in greatest demand today as
well as to define your grades mix for the future.
- we analyzed price fluctuations during 2007-2015, using the data of ICIS and Platts, as
well as our own weekly prices.
- One of the results of the unprejudiced analysis are our own assumptions about which
projects on expansion of PVC capacities are going to be the most popular in the Russian
market before 2015, and which are most likely going to remain on paper.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4057041/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pvc-in-russia-2016-300327299.html