LAS VEGAS, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- VMworld 2016 – QLogic®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM) to showcase multiple virtualization and flash storage technologies at VMworld 2016 in QLogic booth 654, Brocade booth 935 and Lenovo booth 2023, further underscoring its server virtualization, and network and storage connectivity leadership. QLogic will be demonstrating a wide array of NVMe flash storage optimization, Virtual Machine Identification (VMID), intelligent storage offloads and Network Partitioning (NPAR) technologies.
The industry's first Virtual Machine Identification (VMID) demonstration, in collaboration with Brocade, provides end-to-end visibility and insight into application performance for VMware ESXi with QLogic Enhanced Gen 5 and Gen 6 Fibre Channel adapters. Visit Brocade booth 935 this week to see how:
- QLogic StorFusion™ VMID technology tags individual Fibre Channel frames with Virtual Machine IDs enabling the delivery of application level services to virtual workloads in a QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel infrastructure
The NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) focused demonstrations deliver customer choice in fabrics and significantly reduce latency and CPU utilization for the growing flash-based storage market. These demonstrations at QLogic booth 654 include:
- NVMe over Fabrics with Fibre Channel – running on QLogic Gen 6 (32Gb) Fibre Channel (FC) Adapters, the demonstration shows how NVMe-oF using FC extends the reliability, availability and performance of existing FC investments for next-generation storage and reduces overall latency on FC networks.
- NVMe over Fabrics with Ethernet – showcasing the benefits of QLogic's latest FastLinQ™ 25Gb Ethernet (25GbE) Adapters with RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), the NVMe-oF using Ethernet demonstration leverages the Cavium XPliant 3.2Tb Protocol Independent Ethernet Switch and extends NVMe over a large-scale Ethernet-based network using the efficiency and performance of RDMA, while lowering overall latency on Ethernet networks.
- NVMe Direct – leveraging QLogic FastLinQ 45000 Series Controllers, the NVMe Direct demonstration enables high efficiency and high-performance peer-to-peer interactions between QLogic 25GbE RDMA NICs and NVMe flash storage, lowering CPU utilization and increasing IOPS.
And a variety of QLogic 10GbE Ethernet adapter technologies will be the focal point of sessions delivered in Lenovo Booth 2023. These include:
- Virtualize Your Network: Learn how QLogic Ethernet offerings can improve data center efficiency with features such as NIC Partitioning (NPAR) and Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV). Monday, Aug. 29th 2:00pm – 2:15pm.
- QLogic StorFusion™ Technology: Learn how server and storage administrators can improve performance, simplify deployment and increase availability with QLogic Fibre Channel (FC) adapters. Monday, Aug. 29th 5:30pm – 5:45pm.
- Storage Offloads: Learn how QLogic 10GbE iSCSI and FCoE offloads reduce the workload on server CPU, freeing up critical resources to accelerate virtualized business applications and maximizing VM density. Tuesday, Aug. 30th 11:15am – 11:30am.
For more information and to talk to QLogic, please visit QLogic booth 654 at VMworld 2016 from Aug. 28-Sep. 01, 2016 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic – the Ultimate in Performance
QLogic, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance server and storage networking connectivity products. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic for their server and storage networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com.