SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced Xcellis® Scale-out NAS, the industry's first workflow storage appliance to provide the management capabilities and robust features of enterprise scale-out NAS with the cost-effective scaling organizations need to address modern data growth. It delivers greater than 3X the performance of competitive enterprise NAS offerings and, with integrated storage tiering, an end-to-end solution can cost as little as 1/10 that of alternative enterprise NAS solutions with the same capacity and performance. This combination makes Xcellis Scale-out NAS unique in comprehensively addressing the needs of high-value data environments where the organization's revenue and products are all built around data.
Unified Unstructured Data at Scale
Many IoT, media and entertainment, life sciences, manufacturing, video surveillance and enterprise high-performance computing (HPC) environments are outgrowing traditional enterprise NAS. Users have typically turned to scale-out NAS over the past decade as an alternative but are finding that scaling capacity, integrating cloud strategies and sharing data are afterthoughts or not even possible with the solutions they've adopted. Unlike enterprise IT workloads, data in high-value workload environments is constantly growing on every axis — ingest, processing, analysis, distribution, archive. These environments require storage solutions with the management and features of enterprise NAS, but which can also cost-effectively scale performance and capacity. Leveraging Quantum's industry-leading StorNext® parallel file system and data management platform, Xcellis Scale-out NAS offers industry-leading performance, scalability and management benefits for organizations with high-value workloads:
- Cost-Effective Scaling of Performance and Capacity: Clusters can scale performance and capacity together or independently to reach hundreds of petabytes in capacity and terabytes per second in performance. A single client (SMB, NFS or high-performance client) can achieve over 3X the performance of competitive scale-out NAS offerings with multiple clients scaling a single cluster's bandwidth to over a terabyte per second. In addition, an end-to-end solution with Xcellis has been shown to manage petabytes of data in a simplified workflow incorporating tape or cloud that provides greater performance than leading NAS-only alternatives for as little as a tenth of the cost.
- Advanced Features and Flexible Management: With simple installation and setup, a modern administrative single-screen interface provides in-depth monitoring, alerting and management functions as well as rapid scanning and search capabilities that tame large data repositories. Xcellis Scale-out NAS is designed to integrate with the highest performance Ethernet networks through SMB and NFS interfaces and offers the flexibility to also support high-performance block storage in the same converged solution.
- Lifecycle, Location and Cost Management: Xcellis Scale-out NAS leverages more than 15 years of data management experience built into StorNext. Xcellis data management provides automatic tiering between SSD, disk, tape, object storage and public cloud. Copies can be created for content distribution, collaboration, data protection and disaster recovery.
Artificial Intelligence With Xcellis
Xcellis Scale-out NAS is the industry's only NAS solution with integrated artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities that enable customers to create more value from new and existing data. It can actively interrogate data across multiple axes to uncover events, objects, faces, words and sentiments, automatically generating custom metadata that unlocks new possibilities for using stored assets.
Xcellis Scale-out NAS will be generally available this month with entry configurations and those leveraging tiering starting at under $100 per terabyte (raw).
Vincent Chang, president, Arrosoft Solutions
"Frankly, it is hard to find an offering that can deliver on performance, scale and management while keeping costs down. Xcellis Scale-out NAS provides the reseller community with a Quantum solution that is easy to position for organizations facing unstructured data growth challenges across any of a number of areas including performance, capacity, cost, management, protection, cloud strategy and artificial intelligence."
Scott Sinclair, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"The proliferation of unstructured data in a vast array of industries offers virtually unlimited opportunity for discovery and monetization, but traditional storage and management of that data has kept many organizations from achieving their full potential. Xcellis Scale-out NAS is designed to empower users to scale performance and capacity independently and cost-effectively to keep storage from becoming an obstacle to progress."
Molly Presley, vice president, Global Marketing, Quantum
"There is a gap in the market between NAS systems designed for enterprise data management and HPC solutions designed for data-intensive workloads. Xcellis Scale-out NAS fills this gap with the features needed by enterprises and the performance required by HPC in a single solution. Xcellis uniquely delivers capacity with the economics of tape and cloud and integrated AI for advanced data insights and can even support traditional block storage demands within the same platform."
Photo Link: www.quantum.com/pr/Xcellis-Scale-out-NAS.jpg
Photo Caption: Xcellis Scale-out NAS
- Learn more about Xcellis Scale-out NAS: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/nas/index.aspx
- Read about Xcellis workflow storage: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/stornext-primary-storage/index.aspx
- Watch a video featuring Quantum's Molly Presley discussing the new Xcellis Scale-out NAS appliance: www.quantum.com/nas-video
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and data protection. The company's StorNext platform powers modern high-performance workflows, enabling seamless, real-time collaboration and keeping content readily accessible for future use and remonetization. More than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding content workflow needs, including large government agencies, broadcasters, research institutions and commercial enterprises. With Quantum, customers have the end-to-end storage platform they need to manage assets from ingest through finishing and into delivery and long-term preservation. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, StorNext and Xcellis are registered trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Quantum advises caution in reliance on forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, 1) benefits and value to customers from Quantum's Xcellis Scale-out NAS, 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such systems and 3) the general availability of such systems. All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statement, including unexpected changes in the Company's business. More detailed information about these risk factors, and additional risk factors, are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2017, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our results of operations depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and results of operations may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Public Relations Contact:
SOURCE Quantum Corp.