VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- QuickMobile today announced the election of Philip C. Wolf, Founder and Chairman of PhoCusWright Inc., as Chairman of the Board for the company.
Facts about Philip Wolf
- In 1994, founded PhoCusWright, now the premier source for travel, tourism, and hospitality intelligence, and was acquired by Northstar Travel Media in June 2011.
- Began his career in travel in 1989 managing a small travel agency and then became CEO of TravelMation
- Former adjunct professor at NYU's Graduate Center for Hospitality and Tourism
- Currently a distinguished lecturer at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
- Serves on the boards of India's MakeMyTrip and Canada-based travel search company, Hopper Inc.
- Magna cum laude graduate of Duke University and earned an MBA from Vanderbilt University.
Facts about QuickMobile and Mobile Event Applications
- Founded in 2006
- Launched first mobile meeting application for iPhone in 2008, first ever mobile event application for the iPad in June 2010 and first ever mobile event application for all five major mobile platforms in January 2011.
- Introduced first ever mobile event application to include game-style incentives (gamification) in February 2011.
- Growth of 400 percent in 2011
- More than one million downloads of QuickMobile apps
- Raised more than $3.6 million in funding since the third quarter of 2011.
Quote attributable to Patrick Payne, president and CEO of QuickMobile
"Philip is an icon, visionary and luminary in the travel industry. He is probably one of the most connected, well-known and respected senior statesman in the United States, and we are fortunate that he has agreed to serve as our chairman of the board. This is really a home run for QuickMobile, and we are excited about his ongoing contributions to the success of our business."
Quote attributable to Philip Wolf
"As we have experienced at our acclaimed PhoCusWright Conference, mobile technology is having a major and comprehensive impact on all types of meetings. QuickMobile unlocks the potential of meetings by providing interactive, dynamic mobile solutions that engage audiences. I look forward to working with Patrick and his team to help build upon the company's recent growth and expand QuickMobile's footprint around the world."
QuickMobile develops custom, branded mobile event applications that inspire, engage and connect. Available for all mobile platforms and devices, the company's interactive mobile applications and websites help meeting planners and organizers deliver a more interactive and engaging experience for event sponsors, exhibitors and attendees. QuickMobile's solutions extend customers' strategic planning, improve branding, and drive sales and marketing efforts in a fun, effective and sustainable way. QuickMobile has offices in Vancouver, Ottawa, London and Singapore. For more information, visit www.quickmobile.com. Follow QuickMobile on Twitter @quickmobile.