MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Smokers around the state looking for an incentive to quit smoking are encouraged to enter QUITPLAN Services' fourth annual QuitCash Challenge for a chance to win $5,000 in cash or other prizes. Minnesotans who are daily tobacco users and 18 years of age or older can enter the contest through September 30, 2011, online at quitcash.com.
In order to be eligible for prizes, participants must successfully quit smoking by October 1 and remain smoke-free for at least the month of October. Contest participants are encouraged, but not required, to use QUITPLAN Services' free quit-smoking services, including personalized plans, phone counseling services, online resources and free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges for qualifying individuals. If the grand prize winner used QUITPLAN Services during the contest period, he or she will win an extra $500 gift card.
The winning successful quitters will be announced around the Great American Smokeout on November 17. Prizes include:
- Grand prize: $5,000 – If the winner uses QUITPLAN Services to quit smoking, they will win an extra $500 in gift cards
- 1st runner up: 42 inch TV
- 2nd and 3rd runners up: Twin Cities Weekend Getaway Package including lodging, dining and entertainment
- Bonus prize: If 4,000 registrants sign-up for the contest, an additional prize of $500 will be given to a randomly chosen entrant
"Each year, we look forward to the QuitCash Challenge as a fun way to motivate more Minnesotans to kick their habit," said David Willoughby, Chief Executive Officer of Clearway Minnesota(SM), the nonprofit organization that runs QUITPLAN Services. "Many smokers want to quit and the chance to win a cash prize, combined with free quit-smoking support, can be the extra push that helps them accomplish their goal."
Launched by ClearWay Minnesota in 2001, QUITPLAN Services offers all Minnesotans year-round, free access to quit-smoking counseling and can provide individuals with nicotine patches, gum or lozenges. Minnesotans can find out about all the free help to quit smoking available through QUITPLAN Services by visiting quitplan.com or calling 1-888-354-PLAN (7526).
QUITPLAN® Services for Minnesotans include:
- The QUITPLAN® Helpline – The QUITPLAN Helpline offers telephone counseling and free nicotine patches, lozenges or gum to eligible callers. 1-888-354-PLAN (7526)
- quitplan.com – The website offers free lifetime membership, helpful quitting tools and activities and the option to connect online with thousands of others who have chosen to quit tobacco.
- QUITPLAN® at Work – The QUITPLAN at Work program offers free on-site professional group counseling for eligible businesses with at least eight employees ready to stop smoking.
SOURCE ClearWay Minnesota