FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack opened its newest Manhattan location as a pop-up concept store this week. Located at 250 W. 34th St. (1 Penn Plaza) in Manhattan, the limited-time only location features a special mix of top brands, great holiday gifts and top tech for travelers that may have left their chargers at home.
This is the third RadioShack pop-up store to open in Manhattan. The other locations are 575 7th Ave. (41st & Broadway) and 1565 Broadway (inside the former Roxy Delicatessen at 47th & Broadway). In addition, RadioShack has opened a total of eight concept stores in the Manhattan area.
"New York is a critical market for us as we reinvigorate the RadioShack brand," said Joe Magnacca, chief executive officer of RadioShack. "We debuted our new store format here in June at Broadway and 81st St., and we continue to launch our new interactive concept stores in the city as a way to introduce not only New Yorkers, but visitors from across the country and around the world to the new RadioShack."
This location opened within five days after construction began and offers top brands and must-have technology and accessories our customers want and need. Neighbors and commuters are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack and take advantage of holiday deals on top brand products. Shop online or stop by your local store to receive $10 back for every $50 you spend. RadioShack will match advertised prices on identical products through its Price Match Guarantee promotion, in-store only.
Hours and Availability
- The Penn Station location offers extended hours from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- This location will remain open into the first few months of 2014. A specific date will be announced at a later date.
Concept Store Features
At approximately 2,000 sq. ft., this pop-up store is modeled after RadioShack's exciting new concept store format. The location features:
- RadioShack's iconic speaker wall where customers can shop and demo 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets;
- Headphone demo stations that enable shoppers to listen to and compare leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Beats by Dr. Dre and Skullcandy;
- New mobile device displays where consumers can test in-demand mobile phones and tablets, and shop a variety of mobile plans;
- RC Toy centers that give fun seekers hands-on access to new RC cars, trucks and helicopters, right in the store.
In addition to RadioShack's knowledgeable associates, the store features touchscreens that can help shoppers discover just the right gift or replace that critical battery or charger they left at home.
New York Market Updates
- The New York area boasts more of the new concept store format than any other metropolitan area in the world.
- In mid-December, RadioShack opened an additional concept store in Manhattan, which was the eighth concept store to open in the New York area since the company began converting to the new format this summer.
- These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand.
- By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
ABOUT RADIOSHACK CORPORATION
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes more than 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, more than 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-2381, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation