AUBURN HILLS, Mich., March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator offers three-dimensional, visual representation of new upfits for Ram Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City
- Ram Commercial "Q Pro" upfitter certification program provides solutions meeting Ram Engineering standards
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks and vans offer ease of upfitting, giving customers the simplest path for adapting aftermarket products
Ram Commercial today announced two new programs to assist commercial upfitters, dealers and customers in viewing, certifying and installing a wide array of truck-mounted products. Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator and Q Pro, combined with the industry's greatest ease of adaptation, gives Ram Commercial an upper hand on the competition.
"The commercial truck segments rely heavily on customer options, reliability and ease of conversion and no one does it better than Ram," said Mike Manley, Head of Ram Brand, FCA - Global. "As part of continued improvement, Ram Commercial addresses all three areas with the introduction of Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator and Q Pro while maintaining industry leadership for ease-to-upfit on our Chassis Cab trucks and ProMaster vans."
Introduced late last year, the Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator is a computer-generated visual program allowing upfitters and dealers to virtually showcase a number of solutions to customers. Prospective buyers have the opportunity to virtually walk around the vehicle and even view inside to assess the various options via computer simulation. Originally offered on the Ram ProMaster full-size van, the configurator has now expanded to the Ram ProMaster City and the entire Ram Chassis Cab line (3500, 4500 and 5500).
Ram Commercial has officially launched Q Pro, a new qualification process for upfitters to certify their product with Ram Engineering. Q Pro allocates Ram Engineering resources to survey, make recommendations and certify upfitter products. Once certified, the upfitter can use Ram's Q Pro co-brand to help market their product and customers can rest assured their new truck and upfit meet the highest standards including:
- Quality, reliability and durability
- Regulatory compliance
- Standardized process controls
- Warranty and continuous improvement
The commercial vehicle market is competitive and the Ram Chassis Cab truck line is designed and engineered with the upfitter in mind. The Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 are the easiest Chassis Cab trucks in the market to upfit, period.
The following features outline Ram Commercial's claims:
Ram Chassis Cab 3500, 4500 and 5500
- Industry standard Cab-axle (CA) lengths and frame width
- No DEF tank relocation required
- Flat frame rails
- Vehicle system interface module (VSIM) to communicate with aftermarket modules
- Left- or right-side power takeoff (PTO) capability
- Largest-in-class brakes
- Electronic stability control (ESC) on all models
- Best-in-class fuel tank capacity of 74 gallons
Ram ProMaster vans
- Vertical interior walls
- Lowest load floor
- Predrilled holes for ease of upfit
- Best-in-class standard V-6 horsepower
- Best-in-class turning diameter
- Best in class standard interior cargo height
Ram Commercial lineup
With growing sales, the Ram Truck brand continues to win new customers. The brand has emerged as a leader by investing in new products, infusing them with durable powertrains, robust chassis, new technology and features that further enhance their capabilities while delivering low total cost of ownership. Commercial truck and van customers have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to work. The Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups; 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs; Ram C/V and Ram ProMaster vans are designed to deliver a total package.
About Ram Truck Brand
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with America's longest-lasting line of pickups.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
- Longest-lasting line of pickups
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Best-in-class ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Best-in-class fuel economy and longest range with exclusive EcoDiesel – 29 mpg and 754 miles with Ram 1500
- Best-in-class gas towing – 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
- Highest snow plow rating – Ram 2500 and 3500
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable fullsize off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
Follow Ram and FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: www.ramzone.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Flickr: www.flickr.com/RamTrucks and www.flickr.com/ChryslerGroup
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ramtrucks and www.pinterest.com/FCAcorporate
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/pentastarvideo
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ram-commercial-introduces-new-programs-to-improve-upfitted-truck-to-customer-efficiency-300424020.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC