BROOMFIELD, Colo., May 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) has been recognized as a Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military® by RecruitMilitary, a national organization that helps employers connect with high-quality veteran talent, for the fifth year in a row. The MVE recognition serves to help military-experienced job seekers and veterans identify the top employers to target for civilian careers.
Level 3's Focus on Veterans:
- Level 3 recruits military talent at all levels by participating in job fairs, visiting military bases and partnering with schools, military workforce sectors and veteran-focused programs.
- Level 3 employs veterans in diverse roles ranging from entry-level to senior leadership.
- More than half of the participants in Level 3 training programs like Ops Tech Academy and IP Bootcamp are veterans who have been selected in part because of their military-specific skills, attitude and aptitude.
- Level 3 provides a Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG), comprised of more than 650 members. The VERG advises the business on how to best meet the needs of veteran employees and hosts a variety of internal and external events where members can connect, and create support groups and communities.
About the Award:
- Winners of the 2017 MVE for Military were selected based on surveys in which employers outlined their recruiting, training and retention plans to meet the needs of military service members and veterans.
- The 2017 Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military was open to all U.S.-based companies.
- In observance of Armed Forces Day, the annual list of MVEs will be released in the May/June issue of RecruitMilitary's Search & Employ® magazine.
- Prior to the 2017 application opening, the MVE recognition was produced by CivilianJobs.com. All previous winners can be found in the MVE Winner Archive section at http://RecruitMilitary.com/MVE.
Mary Beth McGrath, Senior Vice President of Global Talent Management, Level 3
"Level 3 has long been a company committed to veterans, as we recognize the value our dedicated military personnel can bring to the workforce. Veterans possess invaluable training, skills, and experience that bring a unique and innovative perspective to the work we do. We are honored to be recognized as a Most Valuable Employer for the fifth year in a row, and look forward to continuing our focus on veteran recruitment and development."
Peter Gudmundsson, President of RecruitMilitary
"Veterans truly represent the finest talent our country has to offer. Judging by the stature of the businesses that comprise the Most Valuable Employers for Military winners, we can see that organizations thrive when they include veteran hiring initiatives in their human resource strategies."
- Level 3's Careers Page
- Learn more about Level 3's commitment to veterans in the Level 3 Diversity and Inclusion Report
For more information on Level 3's advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
The RecruitMilitary Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military serves to help military-experienced job seekers identify the top employers to target for civilian careers. MVEs are selected annually based on those employers whose recruiting, training and retention plans best serve military service members and veterans. RecruitMilitary (http://RecruitMilitary.com) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bradley-Morris, Inc. (BMI), the largest military-focused recruiting company in the U.S. Together, BMI and RecruitMilitary offer employers access to more than 1,000,000 military job seekers via services that include contingency recruiting, military job fairs, a job board, employer branding, a military base publication and more.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/recruitmilitary-recognizes-level-3-as-a-2017-most-valuable-employer-mve-for-military-winner-300454918.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.