LOS ANGELES, Oct. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- On November 2, 2018 RED HYDROGEN LLC will officially release RED HYDROGEN One, the world's first holographic media machine that fits in your pocket. At launch, the media machine's exclusive carriers are AT&T and Verizon in the United States, and Claro and Telcel in Latin America.
"This is the single most exciting thing I have ever worked on," says Jim Jannard. HYDROGEN One launches after years of R&D, including an unprecedented development phase where RED's most dedicated users—the RED Army—perfected the device's performance through months of rigorous testing with a special pre-release model.
"This phone is worth the wait. All of the hype associated with the RED HYDROGEN One is completely justified," said VICELAND production manager and early adopter Dana Salvatore. "This is revolutionary. This is truly a glimpse into the future."
USA Today got an exclusive first look at HYDROGEN One, describing the immersive experience of watching Pixar's Brave in Holographic 4-View (H4V): "The arrow flying off the screen was coming straight for us, and had we not known better we might have ducked."
CNET Senior Associate Editor Patrick Holland saw H4V in action as well and "came away beyond impressed" with the experience. "I was impressed and couldn't believe how well the effect worked ... the overall effect was immersive," he wrote.
"Everything can and will be made better. It is just a matter of when and by whom," vowed Jim Jannard in 1975 when he founded Oakley with only $300 to his name. Ten years later, the company had redefined the entire eyewear category with its iconic Oakley eyeshade design. Next, Jannard gathered his visionaries to design a high-performance digital cinema camera. The RED family of cameras have set a new industry standard, shooting some of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters.
Now, Jannard's team has created HYDROGEN One, a device designed for doers, makers, and content creators. But HYDROGEN One isn't just a smartphone, it's a tool. With these specs, there simply are no comparisons to any other cell phone ever made.
- Holographic 4-View (H4V): An experience that's better than 3D, no glasses. With the HYDROGEN One, you have front and back Holographic 4-View recording capability, capturing images, videos, and selfies.
- Multi-Dimensional Surround Sound: A proprietary A3D algorithm converts audio into Expansive Spatial Sound, with or without headphones. Surround sound used to require a room jammed with equipment. Not anymore.
- Modular System: Enhance your HYDROGEN One with stackable modules. A future cinema-capable camera in your pocket and an extend battery performance module, with many more additions to come.
- Industrial Design: Choose between an aluminum or titanium (highly limited edition available after launch) model. Both come with Kevlar panels, beautiful and functional RED-designed sides, and a 5.7" QHD holographic display.
- HYDROGEN Network and RED + Leia Loft: Explore HYDROGEN's exclusive Holographic 4-View apps. There is content to view, games to play, and apps to download … everything in H4V. The greatest living creators share work alongside next-gen tastemakers.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform: The Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform is designed to support cutting-edge camera capabilities, blazing-fast download speeds, and long-lasting battery life. Capture photos and 4K video as vividly as you see it. And with better graphics and increased performance, you'll get the ultimate mobile experience.
- Augmented Reality (AR): HYDROGEN One is ARCore enabled so you can try new AR experiences that transform the way you play, shop, learn, create and experience the world with others.
RED Digital Cinema leads the world in innovation in the manufacture of professional digital cameras and accessories. RED began the revolution in 2006 with the 4K RED ONE digital cinema camera. RED then released the DSMC (Digital Stills and Motion Camera) system in 2008, enabling the same camera to shoot feature films, television programs, and elite still photography. The RED family of cameras have shot some of the biggest blockbusters, including "The Hobbit" trilogy, "The Martian," and "Transformers: Age of Extinction." The cameras of RED's DSMC2 line — RED RAVEN, SCARLET-W, RED EPIC-W, and WEAPON — currently lead the industry. In 2017, RED's 8K sensor, HELIUM, set the new image quality standard with the highest DxO Mark score ever.
HYDROGEN ONE MEDIA KIT www.h4v.press
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, business, mobile and high speed internet services. We have the nation's largest and most reliable network** and the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider. We're one of the world's largest providers of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. More than 3 million companies, from small to large businesses around the globe, turn to AT&T for our highly secure smart solutions.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2018 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Coverage not avail. everywhere. Based on overall coverage in U.S. licensed/roaming areas. Reliability based on voice and data performance from independent 3rd party data.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE,Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York City, generated $126 billion in 2017 revenues. The company operates America's most reliable wireless network and the nation's premier all-fiber network, and delivers integrated solutions to businesses worldwide. Its Oath subsidiary reaches about one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands.
Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.
Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
VERIZON'S ONLINE MEDIA CENTER: News releases, stories, media contacts and other resources are available at www.verizon.com/about/news/. News releases are also available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.
About América Móvil
América Móvil is the leading provider of integrated telecommunications services in Latin America. Through the development of a world-class integrated telecommunications platform, we offer our customers a portfolio of value added services and enhanced communications solutions, in 25 countries of America and Europe. At March 31st, 2018, the company had 362 million access lines, including 279 million wireless subscribers and 83 million fixed revenue generating units (fixed lines, broadband accesses and PayTV). More at www.americamovil.com
Acerca de América Móvil
América Móvil es la empresa líder en servicios integrados de telecomunicaciones en Latinoamérica. El despliegue de su plataforma de comunicaciones de clase mundial le permite ofrecer a sus clientes un portafolio de servicios de valor agregado y soluciones de comunicación mejoradas en 25 países de América y Europa. Al 31 de marzo de 2018, la compañía contaba con 362 millones de líneas de acceso, que incluyen 279 millones de suscriptores móviles y 83 millones de unidades generadoras de ingreso fijas (telefonía fija, banda ancha y televisión de paga). Conozca más en www.americamovil.com
SOURCE RED HYDROGEN LLC