MADISON, Wis., Aug. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to style, Remington is ahead of the curve. Today the personal care company announces the launch of an online community dedicated to all things beauty and fashion. Bringing their commitment to style and innovation directly to their consumers online, Remington Red Chair Ready empowers women with how-to tips, tricks and tools to get ready for a first date, a board meeting or a girls night out. From professional hairstylists to at-home beauty buffs, women of all types are encouraged to join the 24/7 conversation and connect with fellow stylistas to share their knowledge and learn about the latest trends from hot summer highlights to Herve Leger.
After conducting a national search for style leaders, Remington hand-picked four brand Ambassadors to lead the community conversation. The women were selected based on their unique points of view, beauty knowledge and inspirational ideas. In addition to tips and tricks, each of the brand Ambassadors share beauty secrets, style trends and lifestyle advice on the Red Chair Facebook and Twitter (@RemRedChair) accounts. The Ambassadors also contribute weekly to the Red Chair Style Spin blog and represent the Red Chair community at events from coast to coast. The group kicked off the program with an A-list initiation weekend in Los Angeles, California that included a spa day and makeovers with celebrity stylist Richard Marin. In June, the women headed to New York City to meet top beauty editors at a Remington product launch event in The Big Apple.
Meet the gurus:
- Kelley Krueger (@kelleyakrueger) is Red Chair's resident hair expert. As a stylist at Bellezza Salon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Kelley's list of celebrity clients includes Debra Messing and Brooke Shields. Kelley was also the visionary who took Kelly Osbourne from black to blonde.
- Tammy Gibson (@amominred), AKA A Mom in Red High Heels, is the author of the popular style and beauty blog that inspires moms to look their best each and every day.
- Lindsey Holder (@Savvyassistants) shares her vast knowledge as a licensed aesthetician and former celebrity assistant for Grammy-winning recording artists. Check out her insights on her blog The Savvy Assistant.
- Kelly Glenn (@Kissandtell) is a fresh out of college beauty buff pursuing a career in beauty public relations. She brings a youthful, refreshing perspective to young women searching for a style of their own. Kelly is the author of Kiss and Tell, a popular beauty blog.
Megan Brundridge, Online Marketing Specialist says, "The Remington Red Chair Ready community was created to be a haven where style-conscious women can go to interact with one another. We're so thrilled to have these four amazing women leading the charge – they provide the perfect mix of perspectives and have proven to be an incredible resource for style tips."
In addition to styling tips and tools, the Remington Red Chair community offers a 30% coupon code for new fans and weekly giveaways and discounts exclusive to their loyal following. On August 1, Remington announces "Beauty Blitz," a month-long sweepstakes event. Each week in August, Red Chair fans will be eligible to enter for various prizes including:
- A New Remington Styling Tool (25 winners)
- A $50 Walmart gift card (10 winners)
- A $100 ULTA gift card (2 winners)
- A $1000 spa makeover at a spa of choice for you and a friend (1 grand prize winner)
Remington wants to hear from you – join now by visiting their Facebook and Twitter pages – Remington Red Chair Ready and @RemRedChair.
Remington® is "How the World Gets Ready." A global leader and manufacturer of men's and women's grooming and styling products, Remington is an innovator of affordable hair care, electric shavers, wet shavers, wet shave products and body groomers and trimmer, and a subsidiary of Spectrum Brands Holdings. For more information about Remington, visit www.remingtonproducts.com or become a fan of Remington Red Chair Ready and Remington Hair Care & Grooming on Facebook.
About Spectrum Brands Holdings
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. ( NYSE: SPB), a member of the Russell 2000 Index, is a diversified, global consumer products company and a leading supplier of batteries, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn & garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents and portable lighting. Helping to meet the needs of consumers worldwide, the Company offers a broad portfolio of market-leading, well-known and widely trusted brands including Rayovac®, Remington®, Varta®, George Foreman®, Black & Decker®, Farberware®, Toastmaster®, Tetra®, Marineland®, Nature's Miracle®, Dingo®, 8-in-1®, Littermaid®, Spectracide®, Cutter®, Repel®, and Hot Shot®. Spectrum Brands Holdings' products are sold by the world's top 25 retailers and are available in more than one million stores in more than 120 countries around the world. With approximately 6,000 employees in 43 countries, Spectrum Brands Holdings reported fiscal 2010 net sales from continuing operations of $3.1 billion. For more information, visit www.spectrumbrands.com.