SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global remote sensing technology market size is expected to reach USD 29.61 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.6% from 2020 to 2027, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Remote sensing technology is used to detect and monitor land and weather characteristics by measuring the reflected sunlight and emitted radiation from a satellite or an aircraft. Cameras fitted on the satellite and the aircraft to collect the remotely sensed images, which help organizations observe and analyze the land and forecast weather accordingly. The market is primarily driven by rising investments in earth observation projects. For instance, in August 2020, Indian earth observation startup Pixxel announced it raised investments worth USD 5 million for a constellation of Earth observation satellites.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The passive remote sensing segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR exceeding 8% over the forecast period owing to the rising adoption of passive sensor technology in earth observation satellites
- The military and intelligence segment held the largest market share of 32.25% in 2019. This share is attributed to the increasing usage of remote sensing technology for surveillance applications
- The aerial systems segment is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR of over 8% during the forecast period due to the growing usage of UAVs for research and exploration applications
- North America held the highest market share of 38.12% in 2019. This share is due to the increasing adoption of remote sensing technology in the U.S. for precision farming applications
Read 134 page research report with ToC on "Remote Sensing Technology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Active, Passive), By Application (Agriculture, Military, Disaster Management, Weather), By Platform, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/remote-sensing-technologies-market
The growing adoption of precision farming is expected to augment the market growth over the forecast period. The technology is used to identify crop conditions, determine the soil content such as moisture, and estimate the crop production. The health of crops is determined using remote sensing technology to reduce fertilizer usage, which reduces additional costs incurred by farmers. Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak has led to the demand for remote sensing technology to monitor and curb the spread of the virus. The technology also helps to keep track of population concentration, determine mobility patterns, and document environmental changes.
The market comprises a high degree of competition due to the presence of numerous companies operating at the global level. These companies are focusing on enhancing their product portfolio to maintain and increase their market share. For instance, in October 2019, Hexagon AB announced the launch of its Power Portfolio which includes the latest version of remote sensing, Geographic Information System (GIS), and cartography products. The new versions have machine learning capabilities that help users address big data management issues.
Grand View Research has segmented the global remote sensing technology market on the basis of technology, application, platform, and region:
- Remote Sensing Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Active Remote Sensing
- Passive Remote Sensing
- Remote Sensing Technology Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Agriculture & Living Resources
- Military & Intelligence
- Disaster Management
- Remote Sensing Technology Platform Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Aerial Systems
- Remote Sensing Technology Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Remote Sensing Technology Market
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
- Hexagon AB
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Orbital Insight
- Planet Labs Inc.
Find more research reports on Communication Services Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Player Tracking System Market – The global player tracking system market size was valued at USD 2.26 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.4% from 2019 to 2025.
- Satellite Payloads Market – The global satellite payloads market size was estimated at USD 11.25 billion in 2016.
- Geographic Information System Market – The global Geographic Information System market size was valued at USD 5.52 billion in 2016 and is expected to witness considerable growth over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.