ATLANTA, July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) today announced a Back-to-School campaign with retailers around the country to raise awareness and funds to enable more kids to achieve a great future at Boys & Girls Clubs. Top brands have joined this year's campaign in support of BGCA, the nation's #1 advocate for kids and teens. To support this critical work, the following corporations have joined BGCA's Back-to-School campaign to generate much-needed resources for Clubs:
- Gap Stores/Gap Factory Stores: July 10 – 17
- Gap Stores and Gap Factory Stores are collecting backpacks/clothing for local Boys & Girls Clubs this back-to-school season. Customers have the opportunity to donate a backpack/clothing or to make a monetary donation in order to receive a coupon for $10.00 off a purchase of $10.00 or more!
- New Balance: July 15 – August 31
- When customers purchase a pair of New Balance kids' shoes from participating New Balance stores or on www.newbalance.com, New Balance will give 5 percent of the sales price to BGCA to help inspire a lifetime of movement with a minimum donation of $100,000.
- Old Navy: July 24 – August 19
- Old Navy is supporting BGCA through the #Unlimited campaign. Customers can help support kids this back-to-school season by donating at the register, purchasing a #Unlimited t-shirt or downloading the #Unlimited Back-To-School song on Bandcamp. Old Navy will generously match up to $500,000 through campaign elements.
- Kids Foot Locker: July 29 – August 31
- Kids Foot Locker Foundation is Going Big for Great Futures as it hosts an in-store and online donation program nationwide in Kids Foot Locker stores and on kidsfootlocker.com. Customers can donate $1 at check-out to benefit BGCA.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires Plus and Wheel Works: July 31 – December 31
- Customers can purchase a $5 Value Book, with up to $200 in tire and automotive service savings, plus get a FREE 2015/16 football schedule poster, while supplies last. All proceeds benefit BGCA. In addition, customers can round up their purchase at the register to benefit BGCA to Drive Great Futures!
- Lenovo and Fiskars are proud supporters of BGCA by helping ensure that kids have all the right school tools for a successful educational experience.
"More than 11 million kids and teens leave school each day with no place to go. Boys & Girls Clubs around the country serve as a critical resource for communities to provide kids with the tools they need to succeed during the school year and during out-of-school time," said Jim Clark, president and CEO of BGCA. "Thanks to more than 4,100 Clubs and the support of our partners we are redefining the opportunity equation for the next generation and enabling kids and teens to achieve a great future."
Throughout the Back-to-School season these partners are supporting Club kids by donating school supplies, galvanizing their employees to volunteer with local Clubs and engaging the public to participate in the cause campaign.
The Back-to-School campaign aligns with BGCA's Great Futures Campaign, which calls attention to the crisis facing kids and elevates the role of out-of-school time in reversing negative trends in the areas of poor academic performance, obesity, drug use, and youth-related violence. The Great Futures Campaign for America's kids is mobilizing the nation in support of after-school and summer programs that tackle these issues to inspire and empower more youth toward success.
For more information about ways to support BGCA and the Back-to-School campaign, visit GreatFutures.org.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of America
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (GreatFutures.org) has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Today, more than 4,100 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Clubs are located in cities, towns, public housing and on Native lands throughout the country, and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. They provide a safe place, caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Club programs promote academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. In a Harris Survey of alumni, 57 percent said the Club saved their lives. National headquarters are located in Atlanta. Learn more at BGCA's Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Boys & Girls Clubs of America