AUSTIN, Texas, March 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- While the temperatures throughout the country might not reflect it, spring is nearly here. For many, this is the perfect time to get out of town – but it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to do so. RetailMeNot has compiled a list of the most affordable spring destinations, along with the top tips to stay on budget to ensure no traveler gets left behind.
Shopping and trends expert for RetailMeNot, Sara Skirboll, says, "With spring break on the horizon for students, now is the perfect time to break away from your everyday routine and hit the beach – or the slopes!" Consider the following budget-friendly spring destinations and check out the RetailMeNot blog, The Real Deal, for the full list.
- Park City, UT: While spring travel usually brings thoughts of sunshine and beaches, now is the chance to ski those slopes before the seasons change. Breaking away from the norm can also save serious bucks as heading to Utah is both a unique and affordable experience.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: For those looking to get in tune with nature: On the border between Tennessee and North Carolina is the famous Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Entrance to the park is free plus the captivating scenery makes for a memorable trip for the entire family.
- Myrtle Beach, SC: For those wanting to soak up the sun, Myrtle Beach is calling. Travelers can enjoy miles of sand, fishing and seafood, paired with shopping on the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade.
Regardless of the destination of choice, take note of these top tips to let the savings fly. Skirboll adds, "You don't have to break the bank to create memorable moments with friends or family. With the right tips and tricks, travelers can save on-the-go at some dreamy destinations." Keep reading for the top tips and head to the RetailMeNot blog, The Real Deal, for the full scoop.
- Check Fares Regularly: With some patience and additional research, those shopping for airfare can score some savings. Set alerts for the intended destination and be the first to know when prices drop. Another pro tip: Comparison shop at sites like CheapOair.com.
- Save on Food: When and where to eat while traveling can be a big question mark for a travel budget, so take the early steps to keep costs low. Stock up on cheap snacks prior to travel and bring reusable bottles to stay hydrated. Another tip is to choose accommodations with a kitchen to easily cook and store leftovers.
- Look for City Passes: The costs of finding activities for an entire group can really add up, but depending on the destination, there are big ways to save. City passes are available in nearly every major city, and the perks pay off if you plan on hitting all of the tourist hot spots.
About RetailMeNot, Inc.
RetailMeNot, Inc. (https://www.retailmenot.com/corp/) is a leading savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of offers to save money while they shop or dine out. RetailMeNot, Inc. estimates that $4.8 billion in retailer sales were attributable to consumer transactions from paid digital offers in its marketplace in 2017, more than $560 million of which were attributable to its in-store solution. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio of websites and mobile applications includes RetailMeNot.com in the United States; RetailMeNot.ca in Canada; VoucherCodes.co.uk in the United Kingdom; ma-reduc.com and Poulpeo.com in France; and GiftCardZen.com and Deals2Buy.com in North America. As wholly owned subsidiaries of Harland Clarke Holdings, RetailMeNot and Valassis, a leader in intelligent media delivery, are partnering to connect retailers and consumers through meaningful digital, mobile and print promotions both online and in store.
SOURCE RetailMeNot, Inc.