MALVERN, Pa., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced RICOH Streamline NX software for managing fleets of multifunction products (MFPs) and laser printers to help improve cost-effectiveness, productivity, sustainability, security and mobility.
The solution helps organizations improve document management efficiency by leveraging a modular platform that can combine print, scan, device management, accounting, reporting and authentication functionality with incredible scalability. It also simplifies administrative tasks to help reduce total cost of ownership.
"MFPs are important engines for mobilizing information in this new world of work," said Jason Dizzine, Director, Technology Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. "Streamline NX lets organizations take advantage of their MFP-based document management capabilities on a large scale with minimal administrative overhead. With Streamline NX, customers can optimize their document processes on fleetwide, workgroup and individual levels, configuring capabilities, controls, workflows, security profiles and much more."
Organizations can manage hundreds or thousands of devices from a single administrative workstation, controlling security print features, scanning, quota management, comprehensive reporting and more. At each MFP, users have easy access to a wide range of document management tasks from the customizable home screen – no need to toggle between each application.
The Streamline NX server tracks usage volumes across dozens, hundreds or thousands of MFPs, reporting print/copy volumes, color usage and duplexing on an individual or aggregate basis. This detailed data enables organizations to monitor their use of paper and toner. They can then reduce costs through new usage policies that are enforced by the software and customizable for each user, group or individual. The base module also calculates the cost of individual, workgroup or department device usage, making it easy for accounting teams to manage chargebacks.
Streamline NX is available in myriad configurations with optional modules that enable:
- Security print features, which require users to swipe IDs or log onto MFPs to scan, fax, copy and release print jobs. This authentication requirement helps ensure that only authorized users see private information and creates audit trails to help support regulatory compliance. The optional print server enables users to release their job at any Streamline NX-enabled MFP, laser printer on the network, or desktop printer and delete early drafts they never printed, thus saving on paper and toner.
- Client desktop printing, which brings security and chargeback capabilities to personal printers connected to an employee's desktop PC or laptop. The module enables delegation so that a clerk, for instance, could release private documents sent to printing by an executive. The module can also be configured to route printing jobs to more affordable network printing devices than the one initially selected by the user.
- One-touch scanning, via the optional scanfax server, enabling users to scan paper documents and automatically send them to folders, fax servers, enterprise content management systems, file transfer systems, email or many different connected services, including Microsoft SharePoint®, Microsoft Exchange®, FileNet and DocumentMall®.
- Print release station, which enables organizations to implement Ricoh print capabilities with other vendors' MFPs or printers giving them the same user experience they have on Ricoh MFPs.
- Mobile printing with Hotspot Enterprise, which lets smartphone users email a document, receive a release code and retrieve their printed document from any Streamline NX-enabled device. No longer do they have to log onto networks, download drivers, or burden IT with simple print requests. Streamline NX also integrates with RICOH Smart Device Print&Scan, an app that enables smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android) to seamlessly interoperate with multifunction products and printers through the cloud.
For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2013, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,924 billion yen (approx. 20 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change., Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
© 2014 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
SOURCE Ricoh Americas Corporation