Holiday Favorites – Including Bells and Stars — Hit Store Shelves November 1
ASHLAND, Ohio, Oct. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The approaching holiday season heralds favorite activities such as decorating the house, attending family get-togethers, watching holiday movies and of course, eating Archway® holiday cookies!
This year, Archway Bakeries Co., part of the Snyder's-Lance Inc. family, will bring back six traditional holiday favorites, including Bells and Stars. Archway® holiday cookies will be available for purchase November 1 at many of the same grocery retailers currently carrying the everyday Archway® cookie varieties.
The fresh-baked aroma and classic flavors of Archway® holiday cookies have long been part of family traditions. In fact, a recent survey conducted by Archway found that spending time with family is the number one tradition that consumers look forward to every year, and more than 80 percent of respondents reported that cookies are a part of those traditions.
Six varieties will be available this holiday season for cookie enthusiasts to enjoy:
- Bells and Stars – Sweet sugar cookies in holiday shapes sprinkled with red and green sugar crystals.
- Cashew Nougat – A shortbread cookie filled with finely chopped cashews, rolled into nuggets and carefully baked for a dense, crisp bite.
- Wedding Cake – A melt-in-your-mouth cookie with a base of shortbread dough and nuts rolled into small cookies and coated with confectioners' sugar.
- Gingerbread Man – A favorite holiday tradition with a perfect combination of ginger and spices baked into crispy gingerbread man shapes.
- Iced Gingerbread Man – A soft gingerbread man cookie lightly glazed with icing and topped with red and green sprinkles.
- Pfeffernusse – A German-inspired holiday favorite with molasses, raisin paste and flavorful spices combined into a perfectly round, soft cookie tossed in confectioners' sugar.
"Archway holiday varieties are all about celebrating our favorite seasonal traditions, such as spending time with loved ones," said Archway Brand Manager Holly Patterson. "We're especially excited to bring back Bells and Stars, as we know from our consumers that that they are an important part of so many families' traditions."
Archway® holiday cookies are a delicious addition to holiday gift baskets, dessert platters and cookie exchanges. The popular Gingerbread Man cookies can also be decorated with icing and candy, or added as an accent to a gingerbread house.
Archway® holiday cookies retail for approximately $3.49. Prices and availability may vary by retailer. For more information about Archway, please visit www.Archwaycookies.com or the official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/archwaycookies.
For several decades Archway has shared in traditions of families and friends across America. The great-tasting, freshly-baked Archway® cookies are available in more than 20 soft and crispy varieties. The origins of Archway date back to 1936 when a husband and wife team began baking soft oatmeal cookies in their Michigan garage. Since that time, Archway® cookies have been enjoyed as part of family traditions and moments shared between friends.
Snyder's-Lance, Inc., (Nasdaq-GS: LNCE) headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company's products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder's-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder's of Hanover, Lance, Krunchers!, Cape Cod, EatSmart Naturals, Jays, Grande, Tom's, Archway, O-Ke-Doke, and Stella D'oro brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed widely through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels.