SAO PAULO, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- RISI today announced that a number of leading industry experts have joined the program of speakers for RISI's 5th Latin American Pulp and Paper Outlook Conference. The event will take place on November 21-23, 2010, in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the Intercontinental hotel.
The theme of the upcoming conference will be "The beginning of a new cycle of growth for Latin America's pulp and paper industry." Topics and speakers confirmed include:
- Antonio Maciel Neto, CEO, Suzano Papel e Celulose – Keynote Address
- Andreas Mirow, Principal, McKinsey – Fiber Vision 2020: A perspective on how global markets could develop and the implications for the Latin American sector
- Frederico Benite Filho, Principal Business Developer Officer, International Finance Cooperation – Financing mechanisms for forestry investment
- Giovana Baggio de Bruns, Private Lands Conservancy Coordinator, The Nature Conservancy – Environmental Matters: How does the Latin American industry measure up?
- Jean-Michel Ribieras, CEO, International Paper – The challenge of producing graphic papers in an electronic age
- Edgard Avezum, Boxboard Commercial Director, Klabin – Latin American boxboard trends, challenges and opportunities
- Miguel Rincon, CEO, Bio-PAPPEL – Improving quality and quantity in Mexico's containerboard and recovered paper sector
Two panel discussions will take place at the conference, the first involving some of the leading end users of pulp, paper and board in Latin America discussing what the customers are looking for from pulp and paper companies. Panelists include:
- Alvaro Azanha, Packaging Development Manager, Sadia
- Claudio Baronni, Projects Director, Editora Abril S/A
- Ruy Ghiotto, Purchasing Director, Colgate-Palmolive
- Pedro Habesch Oliveira, Gerente de Desenvolvimento de Embalagens, Hypermarcus
The second is a CEO/Executive panel discussion, which will cover the key challenges of Latin American producers in the next five years, biomass and its impact on the industry, and more. Confirmed panelists include:
- Carlos Aguiar, CEO, Fibria
- Sergio Colvin, CEO, CMPC Celulosa S. A.
- Antonio Maciel Neto, CEO, Suzano Papel e Celulose
- Jean-Michel Ribieras, CEO, International Paper
- Miguel Rincon, CEO, BIO-PAPPEL
- Mario Valente, President, Cartocor
Conference attendees will also hear RISI's team of economists and engineers present their two-year forecasts for supply, demand, profitability, investment and trade for each major grade of pulp and paper.
The event is sponsored by HP, ColorLok Technology, Cenibra, Albany International and Paper Distribution International. The conference is also supported by Cafcco, afcp, BRACELPA, ABTCP, ABRIGRAF, anave, IFPTA, Painel de Florestal and Camara Nacional de las Industrias de la Celulosa y del Papel de Mexico.
Media sponsors include: Pulp & Paper International Magazine, PPI Latin America, ArgentinaForestal.com, CELULOSEONLINE, LIGNUM and Papermarket.
Conference programs and registration details are available online at www.risi.com/laconf
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue, nonwovens, printing and publishing industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia. More information can be found at www.risi.com
Director of Events
4 Alfred Circle
Bedford, MA 01730 U.S.A.