Albuquerque, NM auction on November 9 features 350+ equipment items from 45 consignors
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will conduct a multi-million dollar unreserved public auction at its permanent auction site in Albuquerque, NM on Tuesday, November 9, 2010, beginning at 8:00 a.m. More than 350 equipment items and trucks will be sold on auction day, including 170+ items as part of a complete dispersal for Albuquerque-based Romero Excavating & Trucking Inc. Items are being added to the auction daily right through to auction day. More information, including equipment photos and auction details, is available at href="http://www.rbauction.com/">www.rbauction.com.
"I have bought and sold at Ritchie Bros. auctions since I incorporated my business in 1977," said Steve Romero, owner of Romero Excavating & Trucking Inc. "They have proven to me over and over again that they bring the most bidders and get me the best results for my equipment. So it was a pretty easy decision for me to choose to sell with Ritchie Bros. when I decided to sell my entire fleet. It's also great that it's all going to be sold at the auction site in Albuquerque, the city where I founded and built my company. It's a great place for my company to begin and end."
The Romero Excavating & Trucking Inc. consignment consists of 170+ equipment items, including:
- 23 International 5500 twin-axle truck tractors
- 10 Caterpillar 631D motor scrapers
- 6 Caterpillar 623G elevating motor scrapers
- 5 Caterpillar D9N crawler tractors (dozers)
- A 2007 Peterbilt 335 twin-axle fuel & lube truck
- A 2006 Caterpillar 14H VHP motor grader
"The equipment provided by Mr. Romero and all our other consignors has allowed us to build one of the nicest auctions we've ever had at our Albuquerque site," said Richard Aldersley, Divisional Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "We have a great selection of late model Caterpillar equipment and International trucks and every item will be sold to the highest bidder—regardless of price—with no minimum bids or reserve prices."
Other construction equipment highlights of the auction include: 40+ truck tractors, 35+ trailers (bottom dump and end dump), 15+ motor scrapers, as well as wheel loaders, crawler tractors, motor graders, loader backhoes and compactors. Interested buyers can inspect, test and compare equipment items for themselves at the Albuquerque auction yard the week prior to the auction as well as on auction day.
Equipment consignments are still being accepted; owners interested in selling their equipment in the November 9 auction can contact the Albuquerque auction site at +1.505.836.0738 to discuss their options.
- Location: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers' Albuquerque auction site at 13510 Central Avenue SW, Albuquerque, NM, 87121
- Auction site tel: +1.505.836.0738
- Time and date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.
- Auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site - first-time bidders from the U.S and Canada must place a refundable $1,000 bid deposit when they register on-site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
- Interested buyers can come to the auction site to inspect, test and compare items
- More information, including equipment details and photos, is available at href="http://www.rbauction.com/">www.rbauction.com
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world. The Company has over 110 locations in more than 25 countries, including 42 auction sites worldwide. Ritchie Bros. sells, through unreserved public auctions, a broad range of used and unused industrial assets, including equipment, trucks and other assets utilized in the construction, transportation, agricultural, material handling, mining, forestry, petroleum and marine industries. The Company maintains a web site at href="http://www.rbauction.com/">www.rbauction.com and sponsors an equipment wiki at href="http://www.ritchiewiki.com/">www.RitchieWiki.com.
ATTENTION MEDIA: Photos and other media resources are available for use at http://www.rbauction.com/media.
Members of the public and the media can follow Ritchie Bros. on Twitter @RitchieBros
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers