MIAMI, June 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Coinciding with the first day of summer, Royal Caribbean International's much-hyped Mariner of the Seas sailed into its new home at PortMiami today amped up with $120 million of new thrills, restaurants, staterooms and entertainment. Short getaways are forever changed with Mariner's highly anticipated 4-night weekday and 3-night weekend cruises from Miami to The Bahamas. Giving millennial travelers more ways to play, the ship's short itineraries pack more adventure than ever with Sky Pad, a virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience; the cruise line's first Polynesian-inspired, tiki-chic bar, The Bamboo Room; glow-in-the-dark laser tag, racer waterslides and more.
The young and young at heart are invited to ditch the expected road trip for a short and action-packed cruise vacation on board Mariner of the Seas, where the thrills come alive from day to night.
New Ways to Play
- Sky Pad – The gravity-defying bungee trampoline experience amped up with virtual reality
- The Perfect Storm – A thrilling pair of three-story-high racer waterslides called Cyclone and Typhoon
- Laser Tag: Battle for Planet Z – An epic glow-in-the-dark battle for the last planet in the galaxy
- Escape Room: The Observatorium – Royal Caribbean's newest escape room challenge
- FlowRider – The cruise line's signature 40-foot-long surf simulator, perfect for hanging ten
New Ways to Dine and Drink
- The Bamboo Room – A laidback Polynesian watering hole with a throwback vibe and kitschy-cool craft cocktails like the Island Old Fashioned and Tiki Tea – the first in Royal Caribbean's fleet
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – For fans watching their home team on one of more than 25 TV screens, making their own legendary plays at the arcade, or refueling on game-day favorites
- Jamie's Italian – Serving fresh, handmade and rustic Italian fare by Chef Jamie Oliver, one of Britain's most famous food exports
- Izumi Hibachi and Sushi – Asian-inspired dining featuring hibachi, sushi and sashimi and more – made to order with authentic flavors, the freshest ingredients and impeccable presentation
"Millennials want more frequent and shorter vacations that offer as much of that exhilarating adventure they seek. We've answered that call by investing $120 million in Mariner of the Seas and bringing her to Miami to sail 3- and 4-night cruises," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "With the combination of more thrills than you can count and visits to tropical destinations, Mariner is changing the game and taking the short getaway experience to a whole new level."
Mariner of the Seas will welcome guests for the first time on Monday, June 25, as it sets sail on a 4-night cruise to The Bahamas. The newly reimagined ship will continue to offer 4-night weekday and 3-night weekend itineraries from Miami, with visits to Nassau and CocoCay. Beginning May 2019, Mariner will sail to the new Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first destination in Royal Caribbean's recently announced collection of private island experiences around the world.
Along with the recently amplified Independence of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas is part of Royal Caribbean's $900 million commitment to reimagine its fleet through a new effort called Royal Amplified. The program spans 10 ships in four years and will touch every facet of the guest experience. Introducing a wide range of bold, new features and experiences – from experiential dining and nightlife concepts, and first-of-its-kind attractions – Royal Amplified reflects the company's passion for innovation, relentless attention to detail and commitment to delivering the best vacation.
Royal Caribbean International is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 49-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry "firsts" never before seen at sea. The cruise line features an expansive and unmatched array of features and amenities only found on Royal Caribbean, including jaw-dropping, Broadway-style entertainment and industry-acclaimed programming that appeals to families and adventurous vacationers alike. On board, guests are catered to with the cruise line's world-renowned friendly and engaging service by every staff and crew member. Royal Caribbean has been voted "Best Cruise Line Overall" for 15 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards.
The cruise line sails 25 of the world's most innovative cruise ships to the most popular destinations in Bermuda and the Caribbean, Europe, Canada and New England, Alaska, South America, Asia, and Australia and New Zealand. Media can stay up-to-date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter, and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should call their travel agent; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
SOURCE Royal Caribbean International