NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Rutgers University Alumni Association will induct five outstanding alumni into the Rutgers Hall of Distinguished Alumni on May 4, 2013. The official announcement is viewable at Ralumni.com/hda. The 2013 inductees are:
- Mark Angelson RC'72, NLAW'75Hometown: Caldwell, New JerseyAngelson is the chairman of NewPage Corporation. His career includes stints as deputy mayor of Chicago; chairman and/or CEO of RR Donnelley, Moore Corporation, Moore Wallace, and WorldColor Press; and international lawyer. He is also the chairman of the Institute of International Education's Scholar Rescue Fund.
- Carli Lloyd RC'06Hometown: Delran, New JerseyLloyd, a professional soccer player, is best known for scoring the game-winning goals for the U.S. Women's National Team during the gold-medal matches of the 2012 and 2008 Olympics. The center midfielder is Rutgers' all-time leader in points (117) and goals (50).
- Randal Pinkett ENG'94Hometown: East Windsor, New JerseyPinkett is the founder, chairman, and CEO of BCT Partners, a national consulting firm that delivers program management, research and evaluation, technical assistance, and IT services in the areas of housing, community, and economic development, children and families, education, and health. He is a sought-after public speaker, author, and community servant.
- Joseph Rigby SBC'79Hometown: Sicklerville, New JerseyRigby is the chairman, president, and CEO of Pepco Holdings Inc., one of the largest energy delivery companies in the Mid-Atlantic region, serving 2 million customers. Named CEO of the Year by Electric Light & Power magazine in 2012, he heads the Fortune 500 company that is a leader in smart-grid technology.
- Judith Viorst NCAS'52Hometown: Newark, New JerseyViorst is an acclaimed author whose works include the American Library Association Notable Children's Book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and the New York Times best-seller Necessary Losses. For 25 years she was a contributing editor at Redbook magazine and has written the book and lyrics for three musicals.
Only 208 Rutgers graduates have ever been inducted into the Hall of Distinguished Alumni. Notable members include Mario Batali, James Gandolfini, Janet Evanovich, Natalie Morales, Paul Robeson, Selman Waksman, Milton Friedman, and five former NJ governors.
The awards gala will feature live entertainment, dinner, and dancing and will be held on May 4, 2013, at The Heldrich Hotel in New Brunswick. Learn about this event, current and past inductees, and more at Ralumni.com/hda.
CONTACT: Kaitlyn Zullo, +1-848-932-1995, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Rutgers University Alumni Association