SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- S2C, Inc., a leading provider of FPGA-based rapid prototyping solutions, has announced the availability and delivery of its PCIe VU440 Prodigy Logic Module (LM). Not only can the Logic Module be used as a standalone device, but also its standard profile form factor enables installation inside closed PCs and Servers through the use of built-in PCIe edge connector.
The unique PCIe VU Prodigy Logic Module has several key advantages:
- Downloading and controlling the FPGA externally from USB or Ethernet without opening the PC/Server
- Support for FPGA re-download from 4 design files from on-board micro SD card
- Centralized remote control and monitoring of multiple Prodigy LMs installed in multiple PC/Servers via a separate Ethernet network
- High-performance FPGA prototyping of PCIe-based designs
- Creation of large PCIe-based FPGA networks
- Sole use of PCIe interface for customer applications vs. sharing for FPGA download
In addition, the Logic Module is equipped with one Xilinx UltraScale 440 FPGA and features:
- Large capacity with 5.54M System Logic Cell, 88.6Mb of memory, 2,880 DSP Slices, and 2 DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets to support up to 32GB of DDR4 memory
- Flexible and Powerful I/Os including 432 general purpose I/Os and 12 GTH transceivers through 3 high-speed Prodigy Connectors
- Standard Profile Form Factor for PCIe Gen3, Gen2, and Gen1 in x1, x2, x4, and x8
- Compatibility with over 80 Prodigy Daughter Cards
- Automatic daughter card detection
- Abundant add-on features
"Our customers are already taking advantage of the power that our PCIe VU Prodigy Logic Module provides," mentioned Toshio Nakama, CEO of S2C. "This PCIe specific product was borne out of an explicit customer request which is a testament to our mission for delivering FPGA prototyping solutions that are of real value to the market."
Full Control of the Logic Module(s)
Like S2C's full family of VU Prodigy Logic Modules, PCIe VU440 features 6th generation remote management functions through either USB or Ethernet. State-of-the-art Prodigy Player Pro™ Runtime Software is included and can be run on both Windows and Linux systems to exercise full control over the Prodigy Logic Module without the need to be a hardware expert. Player Pro features:
- FPGA Configuration Capabilities – including GUI-based FPGA download with powerful download options
- Large Number of Virtual I/Os – for tasks such as changing a setting or indication a condition remotely
- Remote System Control – to conveniently program clock sources, reset the Logic Module, read back hardware information, and change the IP address
The PCIe VU Prodigy Logic Module is thoroughly integrated into the Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform giving to provide users with the most comprehensive solution in FPGA prototyping. The complete solution allows users to realize benefits throughout the design flow and accelerate time-to-market
S2C's PCIe VU440 Prodigy Logic Module is available now. Contact your local sales representative for pricing.
Founded and headquartered in San Jose, California, S2C has been successfully delivering rapid SoC prototyping solutions since 2003. S2C provides:
- Rapid FPGA-based prototyping hardware and automation software
- Prototype Ready™ IP, interfaces and platforms
- System-level design verification and acceleration tools
With over 200 customers, S2C's focus is on SoC/ASIC development to reduce the SoC design cycle. Our highly qualified engineering team and customer-centric sales force understands our users' SoC development needs. S2C systems have been deployed by leaders in consumer electronics, communications, computing, image processing, data storage, research, defense, education, automotive, medical, design services, and silicon IP. S2C is headquartered in San Jose, CA with offices and distributors around the globe including the UK, Israel, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. For more information, visit www.s2cinc.com.
Rob van Blommestein
Prodigy, Player Pro, and Prototype Ready are trademarks of S2C. S2C acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products.
SOURCE S2C Inc.