Sabra Celebrates National Hummus Day With Fans Across America
Introducing Hummus for Dummies, a 27-page guide to Hummus Heritage, Health and How-Tos
13 May, 2014, 09:00 ET
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., May 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Have lunch or dinner plans for May 15th? Cancel them. Sabra Dipping Company, LLC (www.sabra.com) plans to thrill hummus lovers and newbies alike with plenty of reasons to eat the delicious dip and spread. Sabra will help fans celebrate National Hummus Day, which takes place on the third Thursday in May, with the launch of Hummus for Dummies, a print- and e-book designed to help food lovers discover the rich culinary history of hummus and dip into the global favorite. Free product giveaways, sampling trucks and social media promotions will help make it a #HummusDay to remember. For the more than one-quarter of Americans who have become hummus fans in the past decade, the day is full of plenty of reasons to eat more of it.
"We celebrate hummus every day here at Sabra, but National Hummus Day represents the perfect opportunity to bring people together as only great food can," said Greg Greene, Director of Marketing at Sabra. "One of our favorite ways to enjoy hummus is to share it with someone new – or to talk with current users about delicious ways to dip and spread. Hummus for Dummies was created to do just that. We believe that there is nothing better than enjoying great food with friends and family, and Hummus Day is a great excuse to do just that."
Whether you're a hummus veteran or you've never heard of hummus, Sabra plans to include you in the festivities.
Here are all the ways you can join in the celebration:
- Hummus for Dummies will be available online at http://www.facebook.com/sabra
- Visit a Sabra Gourmet Food Truck in your neighborhood to pick up some free hummus and a print copy of Hummus for Dummies:http://sabra.com/trucks
- Facebook: Receive coupons on National Hummus Day (5/15) from the Sabra Facebook page by visiting the National Hummus Day tab:http://www.facebook.com/sabra.
- Twitter or Instagram: Upload a photo of you with any Sabra hummus product to Twitter or Instagram on 5/15/2014 for a chance to win a Sabra Party Prize Pack, full of Sabra swag, free Sabra coupons and a $100 Visa gift card! To enter tag your photo #HummusDay. Sabra will contact 10 winners on 5/16/2014 via the platform they entered on, so keep on the lookout!
- Pinterest: From 5/2 – 5/15, Sabra is running a "Pin to Win" contest. Enter and win prizes by following Sabra and uploading a photo of you with Sabra hummus to the National Hummus Day board at: http://bit.ly/1ftkgFr
To keep up with all these hummus-related celebrations and more as the big day approaches, fans can follow Sabra Dipping Company on Facebook,Twitter,Instagram, and Pinterest.
About Sabra Dipping Company, LLC
Sabra Dipping Company, LLC is a leader in the refrigerated dips and spreads category and producer of America's top-selling hummus. Sabra's award-winning hummus, available in more than a dozen flavors, and a wide range of authentic, healthy and vegetarian dips and spreads, including salsa, guacamole, and Greek yogurt vegetable dip, can be found nationwide in club stores, supermarkets, specialty retailers and through food service. Sabra operates a silver LEED certified factory in Virginia, and has received an A-Classification from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) audit board for food safety for its California Salsa plant every year since 2011. Find Sabra at www.sabra.com, www.facebook.com/sabra and @Sabra on twitter. Sabra Dipping Company was formed as a U.S./Canadian joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140512/86596
SOURCE Sabra Dipping Company, LLC
Share this article