WARRENDALE, Pa., April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nineteen engineers and scientists from industry and academia now have the prestigious SAE International status of "SAE Fellow."
SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by SAE International. It recognizes outstanding engineering and scientific accomplishments by an individual that have resulted in meaningful advances in automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle technology. The program, established in 1975, recognizes an average of 20 worldwide recipients for this honor each year.
The 2012 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
- Andre Louis Boehman, Professor of Fuel Science and Materials Science and Engineering in the Department of Energy & Mineral Engineering, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Andrew Brown, Jr., Executive Director & Chief Technologist, Delphi
- James A. Buczkowski, Henry Ford Technical Fellow and the director of Electrical and Electronics Systems, Ford Research and Advanced Engineering
- Dr. Man-Feng Chang, (retired) GM Technical Fellow and Lab Group Manager of Engine/Powertrain Control group at General Motors Research & Development
- Dr. Mohamed E. M. El-Sayed, professor of Mechanical Engineering and Director of the Vehicle Durability and Integration Laboratory at Kettering University
- Dr. Zoran Filipi, Professor and Timken Endowed Chair in Vehicle System Design at the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (ICAR)
- Ronald Herrin, GM Technical Fellow and Combustion System Development Process Specialist at GM Powertrain
- Dr. Klaus G. Hoehn is Vice President, Advanced Technology and Engineering at Deere & Company
- Dr.-Ing Peter Hofbauer, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer, EcoMotors
- Dr. John M. Miller, Vice President, Maxwell Technologies; (retired) Ford Motor Company
- Dr. Charles J. Mueller, Principal Member of the Technical Staff in the Engine Combustion Research Department at Sandia National Laboratories' Combustion Research Facility
- Dr. Douglas Nelson, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Dr. Paul J. Richards, Research Fellow, Innospec Ltd., retired
- Dr. Branko Sarh, Senior Technical Fellow specializing in the development of advanced structures, assembly systems and processes, Boeing Research & Technology
- Robert Siewert, Technical Fellow, GM Research Laboratories, retired
- Christopher P. Thomas, Vice President, Advanced Engineering, Engine Group, at BorgWarner Inc.
- Dr. Andrew P. Walker, HDD Global Technology Director with Johnson Matthey plc.
- Dr. Ren-Jye Yang, Senior Technical Leader, Passive Safety/Research & Advanced Engineering, Ford
- Dr. Hua Zhao, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Brunel University London
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
Contact: Shawn Andreassi, 724-772-8522 or [email protected]
SOURCE SAE International