SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce [NYSE:CRM], the Customer Success Platform and world's No. 1 CRM company, today delivered AppExchange Store Builder, enabling any company to quickly create its own fully customizable app marketplace. Today, more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies have built business apps that in many cases are distributed through a variety of consumer app stores. Yet, these stores do not always meet the needs of businesses, who want customized branding, centralized support across multiple device platforms, and the ability to manage and deliver apps directly to users. With the new AppExchange Store Builder, companies can now create a fully customizable app marketplace for customers, partners and employees.
Comments on the News
- "Every company is becoming an app company, but until now, they haven't had the option to centralize app management and distribution," said Jim Sinai, senior director, AppExchange and platform, Salesforce. "With AppExchange Store Builder, any company can quickly create a completely customizable storefront for its users."
- "We are spending time in apps that we once spent in a web browser. Every company has an imperative to deliver mission-critical apps to their constituents," said Pam Miller, research director, IDC. "Salesforce empowers companies to provide a trusted destination for customers, partners and employees with AppExchange Store Builder."
- "We're working to quickly create a fully customized and transparent app inventory for our key stakeholders," said Todd Schroeder, business systems management director, USDA. "With AppExchange Store Builder, we will bring stakeholders and apps together in a self-service business solutions marketplace that allows the USDA to more broadly share success."
AppExchange Store Builder Delivers a Fully Customizable App Marketplace
AppExchange Store Builder is a new way for companies to quickly create their own app marketplaces with:
- Distribution freedom: AppExchange Store Builder makes it easy for companies to create a single destination to distribute mobile, web and desktop apps to customers, partners and employees.
- Customized branding: New app storefronts can be completely customized to give all end-users a consistent brand experience.
- Built-in dashboards: Companies can stand up a new marketplace with a few clicks, make apps immediately available, and view built-in dashboards that provide complete transparency into activity and downloads.
- Support for all platforms: Companies can create a single destination for their end-users to download all of the business apps they need, including third-party apps and apps for various device platforms, such as Android, iOS and Windows.
- E-commerce: Existing solutions available in the Salesforce AppExchange, including Chargent, Linvio and Zuora, can be easily integrated into AppExchange Store Builder to add payment processing.
Innovative Brand Leaders Distribute Apps to Customers in Whole New Ways
USDA is using AppExchange Store Builder to engage its constituents in entirely new ways. USDA's goals are to promote reuse of existing apps that have demonstrated business success, as well as ensure that new apps are built in such a way that they can be reused easily. AppExchange Store Builder enables USDA to achieve these goals by providing the right apps to the right people at the right time—all in an easy-to-consume custom store.
Pricing and Availability
- AppExchange Store Builder is generally available today at no cost to existing Salesforce customers.
- Additional users require Customer Community licenses, which are available starting at $5 per user per month.
- Learn more about AppExchange Store Builder: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000pu0LEAQ
- Like AppExchange Store Builder on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APPEXCHANGE
- Follow @AppExchange on Twitter: https://twitter.com/appexchange
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's No. 1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-delivers-appexchange-store-buildernow-any-company-can-quickly-create-its-own-fully-customizable-app-marketplace-300008409.html