SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced that it has expanded the Salesforce Analytics Cloud ecosystem—opening up a new world of insights for every business user. Since launching the Analytics Cloud a month ago, more than 45 partners have joined the ecosystem. Now any custom analytics app can include industry-specific customer intelligence from the world's leading information providers, including Dun & Bradstreet, Health Market Science and Thomson Reuters. In addition, new integration providers, ISVs and SIs—including Bluewolf, Capgemini, IBM Cast Iron and SnapLogic—will enable companies to extend analytics for almost any business need. The world's most data-driven companies trust the scale and speed of the Analytics Cloud to empower every business user to know their customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
- "We built Salesforce Analytics Cloud as an open platform to enable companies to unlock new kinds of insights," said Keith Bigelow, SVP and GM of Salesforce Analytics Cloud, Salesforce. "With a growing and diverse community of industry-leading partners joining the Analytics Cloud ecosystem, any company can accelerate their business growth through extending analytics for anything."
- "At the heart of TriCore's world-class clinical expertise is the ability to uncover actionable, real-time medical insights, and the Salesforce Analytics Cloud gives us an open, scalable platform to deliver solutions that improve patient outcomes, improve quality of care and eliminate unnecessary procedural and therapeutic costs," said Bill Baker, chief information officer, TriCore. "For the first time ever, doctors and clinicians will have a 360-degree view of their patients to take preventative measures that will save lives and optimize care for improved health."
The Data Revolution has Created a New World of Potential Insights
The convergence of social, mobile, cloud and connected computing has sparked a data revolution. More than 90 percent of the world's data has been generated over the last two years1, creating a new world of potential insights for companies to know their customers in a whole new way. Unfortunately, those insights are more elusive than ever for today's business professional, who is handcuffed by the limits of outdated, on-premise service bureau analytics software.
Companies today must bring together disparate data sources at the pace business users demand and in a way IT trusts, all while ensuring the data is intuitive to explore. They must be able to quickly deploy analytics apps that empower business users to identify correlations and patterns. And the resulting insights must be based on accurate data sources that lead business users down a path to success.
Salesforce Expands Salesforce Analytics Cloud Ecosystem—Analytics Apps Can Now Inform Any Business Action
Salesforce Analytics Cloud is powered by the Wave Platform and designed from the ground up to be open. This has driven more than 45 partners to join the Analytics Cloud ecosystem to extend analytics for every conceivable use case. For example, Appirio has already built a set of data connectors for popular open source ETL tools—including Clover, Kettle and Talend—that enable companies to use Analytics Cloud to unlock data trapped in legacy systems. And as this diverse community of partners continues to expand, companies can leverage Wave's dynamic user experience, indexed search and powerful computing engine to quickly extend analytics using any data source to inform any business action.
Information Providers Deliver Industry-Specific Customer Intelligence to Any Analytics App
Analytics insights are only as good as the quality and completeness of their underlying data. As a result, business users spend far too much time and money gathering, integrating and cleaning data for analytics rather than making critical business decisions. Now the world's leading information providers—powered by Salesforce Data.com and its Data.com Exchange—have joined the Analytics Cloud ecosystem to provide virtually instant access to industry-leading data sets directly in the Analytics Cloud. Companies can now augment their customer data with accurate third-party intelligence to create custom analytics apps and empower every business user to make smarter decisions from anywhere.
- Acxiom: Delivers one of the world's most comprehensive collections of consumer data and insights. Now business users can apply various lenses to their analyses including demographic, psychographic, household, purchase and purchase propensities to further illuminate and inform every customer engagement.
- Dun & Bradstreet: Provides detailed company profiles, including corporate hierarchy and creditworthiness, for more than 240 million companies across more than 200 countries worldwide. Now sales and marketing can better navigate complex company structures, generate leads and uncover 'white space' to reveal new opportunities in real time on any device.
- Health Market Science: Delivers profiles on nearly nine million health care providers with detail about licenses, specialties and other unique identifiers. By combining it with relevant customer data, a medical device manufacturer can identify the right surgeons, hospitals can identify and communicate with the appropriate professionals, and pharmaceutical sales reps can bring cutting-edge, innovative drugs to doctors and patients that need it the most.
- Thomson Reuters: Provides critical information in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property, and science and media markets, powered by one of the world's most trusted news organization. Now sales reps can immediately provide a competitive advantage and improve customer relationships based on factors like an executive change or new product announcement.
- WealthEngine: Delivers profiles on more than 300 million individuals and 125 million households, including proprietary wealth scores, and lifestyle and behavioral intelligence. Now marketers, fundraisers and financial professionals can customize their approach and strategy by knowing a person's ability to buy, invest and propensity to donate.
Data Integration Providers, ISVs and SIs Join Ecosystem to Extend Analytics for Every Business Need
Additional integration providers, ISVs and SIs have also joined the partner ecosystem and will enable companies to extend analytics for any business need:
- New Data Integration Providers: Data integration experts such as IBM Cast Iron and SnapLogic enable customers to seamlessly integrate any structured or unstructured data sets, ranging from on-premise SAP and Oracle data to cloud, machine and social data.
- New System Integrators: Deployment experts including Bluewolf, Capgemini, Slalom Consulting and Wave6 offer exceptional industry expertise and best practices for advancing an analytics strategy.
- New Predictive ISVs: A diverse range of predictive analytics innovators, including Infer, MaritzCX and Skytree arm business users with critical insights to anticipate and confidently take the next best business action.
Data-Driven Companies Trust the Scale and Speed of the Salesforce Analytics Cloud to Know Their Customer in a Whole New Way
Analytics Cloud is the sixth cloud in the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and seamlessly works together with groundbreaking cloud apps for sales, service, marketing and communities to enable data-driven companies to connect with customers in a whole new way. Now sales reps can combine regional demographic data and historical purchasing patterns to determine which products they should sell to which customers. Customer service agents can resolve issues faster by understanding which stages of a product's life cycle are generating the most service inquiries. Marketers can refine promotional campaigns based on how customers are reacting to a pop culture trend or a new fashion accessory. And any company can now build custom mobile analytics apps for their customers to analyze patterns, discover new trends and deliver actionable insights.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Analytics Cloud is generally available in English, with additional language support forthcoming.
- The Analytics Cloud mobile app is available on Apple iOS for iPhone and iPad, with additional device support forthcoming.
- The Wave Platform license includes all compute, data management, API and security infrastructure. Monthly subscription pricing for the Wave Platform is based on the number of Analytics Cloud Explorer and Builder licenses.
- The Analytics Cloud Explorer license includes the ability to view, discover, personalize and share data insights and dashboards. Pricing starts at $125 per user per month.
- The Analytics Cloud Builder license includes the ability to create, deploy and manage data sets, data connections and user access. Pricing starts at $250 per user per month.
- Learn more about the Salesforce Analytics Cloud http://www.salesforce.com/analytics-cloud/.
- Download the free mobile app for iPhone and. iPad from the Apple App Store to experience the immersive power of Analytics Cloud, preloaded with sample apps and data sets https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforce-analytics-cloud/id916982402?ls=1&mt=8.
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce.
- Follow @salesforce and @salesforcewave on Twitter.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
"Safe harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to future products and features. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company's results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. Further information on factors that could affect the company's financial and other results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including the company's most recent Form 10Q. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of the company's website at www.salesforce.com/investor. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.