NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Some of the world's most diverse and prominent leaders in public policy, economics, business and investing will be featured at the seventh annual SALT Conference, which will take place from May 5-8, 2015 at the Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The agenda for SALT -- the global investment management industry's premier thought leadership forum and power networking event -- was announced today and features speakers including Dr. Ben S. Bernanke, Sir Richard Branson, James Chanos, Mohamed El-Erian, Michael J. Fox, , Mikhail Gorbachev, John Paulson, T. Boone Pickens, Condoleezza Rice and Lawrence H. Summers.
As a number of factors including mounting geopolitical pressures, unprecedented monetary policies and volatile financial markets continue to impact economies around the globe, SALT will convene the world's top minds to discuss, debate and uncover investment opportunities for the year ahead. Over the course of three and a half days, the SALT Conference will congregate approximately 1,800 thought leaders, public policy officials, business professionals and investors from around the world.
"In its seventh year, SALT has evolved from an alternative investing conference to an alternative thinking forum," said Victor Oviedo, partner and global head of business development at SkyBridge. "With what we believe to be the most comprehensive, relevant and diverse lineup of speakers and topics yet, the program has been structured to uncover actionable investment ideas for the year ahead."
Keynote presentations, fireside chats and moderated panel sessions will cover topics including investing trends in activism, credit, equities and macro strategies; the intersection of business and politics; innovation, science and technology; cybersecurity and economic espionage; and philanthropy. Notable speakers for SALT Vegas 2015 are included in the list below (listed by category and in alphabetical order).
- John Burbank III, Founder & Chief Investment Officer, Passport Capital
- James Chanos, Founder & President, Kynikos Associates L.P.
- Leon G. Cooperman, Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Omega Advisors, Inc.
- William M. Daley, Managing Partner, Argentiere Capital; Former White House Chief of Staff to President Obama (2011-2012)
- Joshua S. Friedman, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer, Canyon Partners, LLC
- Emanuel J. Friedman, Chief Executive Officer, EJF Capital LLC
- David McCormick, President of Bridgewater Associates, LP; Former U.S. Treasury Undersecretary for International Affairs
- Michael E. Novogratz, President & Director, Fortress Investment Group LLC
- John Paulson, President & Portfolio Manager, Paulson & Co. Inc.
- T. Boone Pickens, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, BP Capital
- Christopher Pucillo, Chief Investment Officer & Chief Executive Officer, Solus Alternative Asset Management
- Bruce Richards, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Managing Partner, Marathon Asset Management
- Barry Rosenstein, Managing Partner & Co-Portfolio Manager, JANA Partners LLC
- General Keith B. Alexander, US Army (Retired); Commander, U.S. Cyber Command (2010-2014); Director, National Security Agency (2005-2014)
- Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia (2010-2013)
- Mikhail Gorbachev, Former President of the Soviet Union & Nobel Laureate
- Margaret Hoover, CNN Political Contributor, Political Strategist, LGBT Activist & Author - "American Individualism: How A New Generation of Conservatives Can Save the Republican Party"
- Prime Minister George Papandreou, Prime Minister of Greece (2009-2011)
- General David H. Petraeus, US Army (Retired); Director, Central Intelligence Agency (2011-2012); Commander of U.S. & International Security Assistance Forces-Afghanistan (2010-2011); Commander, U.S. Central Command (2008-2010); Commander, Multinational Force-Iraq (2007-2008); Chairman, KKR Global Institute
- Condoleezza Rice, 66th Secretary of State of the United States (2005-2009)
- Dr. Ben S. Bernanke, Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (2006-2014)
- Mohamed El-Erian, Chair of President Obama's Global Development Council; Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz; Chief Executive Officer & Co-Chief Investment Officer, PIMCO (2007-2014)
- Lawrence H. Summers, Charles W. Eliot University Professor at Harvard University; Former Director of the National Economic Council for President Obama; Secretary of the Treasury for President Clinton
Business, Leadership & Philanthropy:
- Andre Agassi, Tennis Champion, Philanthropist, Impact Investor; Co-Managing Partner, Turner-Agassi Charter School Facilities Fund, L.P.
- Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group
- Michael J. Fox, Award-Winning Actor, Author & Philanthropist, The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
To view the full agenda, request an invitation to attend, obtain information on sponsorship packets and speaking opportunities, please visit http://www.saltconference.com. Speakers and agenda updates will continue to be added leading up to the conference. For the latest information you can also follow @SALTConference on Twitter, and join the conversation by using #SALT2015.
About SALT and SkyBridge Capital
The SkyBridge Alternatives (SALT) Conference is committed to facilitating balanced discussions and debates on macro-economic trends, geo-political events and alternative investment opportunities within the context of a dynamic global economy. With thought leaders, public policy officials, business professionals and investors from over 42 countries and 6 continents, the SALT Conference provides an unmatched opportunity for attendees from around the world to connect with global leaders and network with industry peers.
SALT is produced by SkyBridge SALT LLC, an affiliate of SkyBridge Capital, a global investment firm with approximately $12.5 billion in assets under management or advisement as of December 31, 2014. The firm applies a diversified investment approach, looking across various themes, strategies and asset classes in real time. SkyBridge Capital's range of investment offerings for institutional and multidiscipline investors include commingled funds of hedge funds products, customized separate account portfolios, hedge fund advisory services and a long-only mutual fund. The firm is headquartered in New York and also has a presence in Zürich, Switzerland.
For media registration and speaker interview requests, please contact:
(212) 704 4589
SOURCE SkyBridge Capital