NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Samsung Techwin America, a leader in consumer video monitoring and security products, today announced the availability of its next generation home monitoring camera – the SmartCam HD Plus.
The new camera offers 1080p HD streaming, 130 degree ultra-wide angle lens and night vision capabilities up to 32 feet, enabling users to monitor a wider range of activity at their homes and businesses via mobile devices. This model includes a Motion Zone Select feature, which allows users to monitor movement in specific areas within the camera's field of view.
The latest addition to Samsung's extensive home security lineup also touts a sleek design with a removable base, providing consumers with the flexibility to position the camera in various locations for an exhaustive view of the vicinity.
"Samsung Techwin America is committed to providing users with a simple, reliable way for consumers to remotely monitor their homes and businesses from anywhere in the world," said Richard Simone, Samsung Techwin America VP of Sales and Marketing. "With the SmartCam HD Plus camera's ease-of-use and wide range of advanced features, users will be better equipped to monitor their loved ones and properties."
The SmartCam HD Plus builds upon preceding models and includes new advancements that will empower consumers to virtually monitor their home or business and peacefully enjoy their travels.
- Motion and Audio Detection – The SmartCam HD Plus distinguishes between true motion and minor repetitive noises, such as swaying shades, falling leaves and rain. If a loud incident occurs or if person or pet enter the vicinity, the user will be immediately alerted of these events through mobile push notifications.
- Motion Zone Select – This feature allows consumers to monitor specific areas within the property and receive notifications about any activity in that locale. For example, if a user would like to track anyone that approaches their doorway or window, he or she could simply draw a box around those regions and the camera would share alerts of any movement in the area. The SmartCam HD Plus permits users to select up to three motion zones in its field of view.
- Email and Mobile Notification – If the devices detects significant motion or sound in the purview, it is equipped to immediately send push and email notifications to a user's mobile device. Upon receiving the alert, the consumer will be able to monitor the occurrence in real time or set the SmartCam to record up to 30 seconds of footage for review at a later date.
- True Day and Night – The SmartCam HD Plus enables users to securely monitor their homes and businesses around the clock. An advanced IR Cut Filter allows the camera to provide accurate, vibrant colors during the day and deliver crisp video in complete darkness.
- Ultra-Wide Angle – The SmartCam HD Plus covers more ground than ever before with its expanded, 130 degree ultra-wide angle lenses. This feature will give consumers a more, detailed view of the property because every inch counts.
- Local Video Storage – This model has doubled the previously-allotted storage space of its predecessor, allowing users to save up to 128 GB of video on the SmartCam HD Plus through the microSD memory card. Users can also leverage three recording options – set your camera to continuously record or record only when activity is detected in order to save storage space.
The Samsung SmartCam HD Plus is now available at Costco clubs and online at www.costco.com with a MSRP at $189.99. For additional information regarding Samsung Techwin America consumer video monitoring and security products, please visit www.samsungsv.com.
About Samsung Techwin America
Samsung Techwin America is a leading supplier of advanced video surveillance solutions. Building on the company's history of innovation, Samsung Techwin America is dedicated to providing system solutions with the highest levels of performance, reliability and cost-efficiency. As a subsidiary of a $117 billion international market maker, Samsung Techwin America is committed to the continued development of innovative products for professional and consumer security applications. For more information, visit www.samsungsv.com.
SOURCE Samsung Techwin America