One of America's Most Romantic City Offers Valentine's Specials, Activities and Packages
SAN ANTONIO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Valentine's Week (February 8-17) in San Antonio is more romantic than ever as the destination transforms into the "City of Yellow Roses." Romance specials themed around San Antonio's legendary yellow rose offer a getaway like none other.
Visitors can experience "City of Yellow Roses" in many ways:
- Hundreds of yellow flowers line the River Walk this season. Always a romantic spot, the River Walk offers riverside hotels, sidewalk cafes, theaters and so much more.
- Romance-themed hotel packages are available with yellow roses, champagne, river barge cruises, museum passes and more romantic offerings.
- Special menus created by the city's top chefs and eateries await, some riverside, some neighborhood treasures.
- Horse-drawn yellow rose carriage rides circle through historic downtown, past the legendary Alamo.
- Mariachis serenade all along the River Walk and in Market Square, the nation's largest Mexican market.
- This year, the City of Yellow Roses is also presenting the Gentlemen's Guide to Valentine's where experts answer romance questions and provide romantic suggestions at CityofYellowRoses.com.
Often recognized as one of the most romantic destinations in the nation, San Antonio is located deep in the heart of Texas. Its majestic River Walk is lined with dozens of quaint sidewalk cafes, while river barges pass beneath a canopy of cypress tress and clear Texas skies. On street level, 18th century Spanish colonial architecture mixes with public art installations and modern superstructures.
Though visitors may find the city's festive culture is what enlivens the oldest of romances. Here, bold colors, music, cuisine and artists offer a little bit of Mexico, a dash of Cowboy Western and a hint of European blended into a distinct landscape that can only be described as San Antonio.
At CityofYellowRoses.com, visitors can learn more about what makes San Antonio the ideal spot for a romantic getaway and begin planning their Valentine's Week getaway.
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, a department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through the hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a marketing, sales and service organization dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meetings and visitor destination for the purpose of positively affecting the city's economy.
Senior Brand Manager
San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
SOURCE San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau