WALLDORF, Germany, Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it has been named by independent research firm Forrester Research Inc. as a leader in enterprise business intelligence (BI) platforms in a new report. In the October 2010 report – "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Business Intelligence Platforms, Q4 2010" – SAP was positioned as a leader and ranked with the strongest market presence among 11 other vendors.
Forrester Research evaluated SAP® BusinessObjects™ solutions using 145 different criteria that were grouped into the following three categories: current offering, strategy and market presence. On a scale of zero to five, the market presence of SAP earned a 4.81, the highest score for market presence achieved by companies evaluated in the report. Within the category, SAP scored a perfect five in the following areas: partnership ecosystem, install base and functional applications. The report also found SAP BusinessObjects solutions to deliver the "best BI tool for each job." This year, SAP's scores are up across all three categories (current offering, strategy and market presence).
Following are a few key comments from the report about why SAP is a market leader in enterprise BI platforms:
- "SAP BusinessObjects continues to steamroll with innovative products like [SAP BusinessObjects] Explorer and in-memory analytical appliance – [SAP NetWeaver] Business Warehouse Accelerator."
- "When you're looking for the top report writer, look no further than [SAP] Crystal [Reports], which is probably OEMed and embedded in more applications than any other commercial BI tool."
- "Xcelsius remains popular with many executives because they can take the self-contained Flash files, which combine dashboard application and data, on the road and use it on laptops in a disconnected mode – even without SAP software installed on that machine."
- "And last but not least, [SAP NetWeaver] Business Warehouse Accelerator appliance combines the flexibility of columnar and inverted index databases with the speed of in-memory database to provide a unique and powerful DBMS optimized for BI."
- "Additionally, SAP leads the large vendor pack in self-service BI SaaS offerings."
SOURCE SAP AG