CARY, N.C., Aug. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- For the eighth consecutive year, SAS has been named a Leader in Gartner's July 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools.
According to Gartner, "The biggest change in the market in 2018 is the shift from an anticipated future demand for metadata-driven solutions to a current market expectation that these solutions will be delivered as part of the data integration platform. There is currently no forgiveness for inadequate metadata capabilities. Another major shift is customers asking for hybrid deployment (cloud and on-premises), as in 2017, but now with the expectation of multicloud and cloud-to-cloud integration."
"We believe inclusion in the Leaders quadrant validates SAS' solutions and continued innovation in the area of data integration and data for all," said Kim Kaluba, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Data Management at SAS. "From our perspective, SAS® tightly couples data quality and metadata capabilities to provide a complete and single solution for comprehensive data integration and data management. SAS Data Integration technologies support hybrid, cloud and on-site deployment models that allow our customers to use a single solution for all their data integration requirements."
SAS Data Integration products include SAS Data Management, SAS Data Integration Server, SAS Federation Server, SAS/ACCESS®, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and SAS Event Stream Processing.
"SAS Data Integration technologies give users quick and easy access to the data they need," Kaluba said. "The strong foundational metadata strategy of SAS allows users to get their projects up and running quickly and provides answers they know they can trust."
SAS Data Integration technology can speed integration processes by up to 66 percent. Breaking down data silos helps users boost productivity and empowers business users to access the data they need.
With these tools, customers can:
- Boost productivity. Get more mileage from existing resources by working from a single point of control.
- Share more of the workload. An intuitive interface means entrusting data to business users, giving them more control and lessoning the burden on IT.
- Be confident the data is ready. Auditing tools that monitor processing and source data lineage alert customers when data is primed and prepared for the next step.
- Access needed data. With read, write and update access capabilities to more than 60 data sources, the data you need is always at your fingertips.
- Understand the data life cycle. Gain a better understanding of your data's journey, including powerful insights into its usage, evolution and transformation. A single, unified solution allows for traceability and transparency of where the data lives, moves and enters your company.
Learn more about SAS Data Integration technology.
*Gartner Inc., Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools, Mark A. Beyer, Eric Thoo, Ehtisham Zaidi, 19 July 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2018 SAS Institute Inc. All rights reserved.