- Board Elects S.C. Johnson's Jane Hutterly as Chair, Shell's Bob Chouffot as Vice Chair
- Newly Elected Board Members Include Executives from Amway, Arylessence, Novozymes
WASHINGTON, Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Executives from S.C. Johnson and Shell Chemicals will lead The Soap and Detergent Association (SDA) Board of Directors in 2010.
At its first meeting of the year, the Board elected Jane Hutterly, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Corporate & Environmental Affairs, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., as its 2010 Chair. Serving as Vice Chair will be Robert Chouffot, General Manager for Higher Olefins and Derivatives, Shell Chemical LP.
A total of 25 executives from the cleaning product and chemical industries were elected by SDA's membership to two-year terms on the SDA Board of Directors. That unanimous vote occurred during SDA's 84th Annual Meeting & Industry Convention at the Grande Lakes in Orlando, Florida.
The new leadership will help guide SDA's transition to its just-announced new name, American Cleaning Institute, which will formally take place in June 2010.
Newly elected Directors include:
- Catherine Ehrenberger, Vice President - Research and Development/Quality Assurance/Tech Reg, Amway (Ms. Ehrenberger had previously served on SDA's Board with Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp.).
- Steve Tanner, President, Arylessence, Inc.
- Anders Lund, Marketing Director, Novozymes.
In addition to Ms. Hutterly and Mr. Chouffot, the following Directors were re-elected to the SDA Board:
- Frank Sherman, President, AkzoNobel Chemicals, Inc.
- Simon Medley, Group Vice President, Care Chemicals & Formulators, BASF Corporation.
- June A. Stahl – Vice President, Business Development, Bradford Soap Works.
- Steven Cugine - Executive Vice President, Global New Product Innovation, Church & Dwight Company, Inc.
- Larry Peiros – Executive Vice President And Chief Operating Officer - North America, The Clorox Company.
- Nancy Vincent, NAFTA Business Director, Surfactants & Alcohols, Cognis Corporation.
- Noel Wallace, President, Colgate U.S., Colgate-Palmolive Company.
- Kevin F. Gallagher, President, Croda Inc.
- James L. Jackson – President, DeSoto L.L.C.
- Eunice Heath, General Manager, Dow Fabric & Personal Care, The Dow Chemical Company.
- Dr. Larry Berger, Senior Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Ecolab Inc.
- Reinhold Brand - President, Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation.
- Greg Tipsord, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Laundry Care Business Unit, Henkel Consumer Goods Inc.
- Janice Mabe, Vice President, Intermediates Americas, Huntsman Corporation.
- Paul J. Ferrall, Jr., President – PQ Americas, PQ Corporation.
- Jorge Mesquita, Group President-Global Fabric Care, The Procter & Gamble Company.
- Tom O'Brien, General Manager, Organics, Sasol Olefins & Surfactants
- John V. Venegoni, Vice President and General Manager - Surfactants, Stepan Company.
- William Littlefield, Executive Vice President/General Manager, Sales and Supply Chain, The Sun Products Corporation.
- Francine Glick, President, Water Journey, Ltd.
At its January 29 meeting, the Board elected the following full slate of offices for 2010:
Chair Jane Hutterly, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
Vice Chair Robert Chouffot, Shell Chemical LP
President Ernie Rosenberg, The Soap and Detergent Association
Secretary Michelle Radecki, The Soap and Detergent Association
Treasurer Bill Littlefield, The Sun Products Corporation
The Soap and Detergent Association (SDA – www.cleaning101.com), the Home of the U.S. Cleaning Products Industry®, represents the $30 billion U.S. cleaning products market. SDA members include the formulators of soaps, detergents, and general cleaning products used in household, commercial, industrial and institutional settings; companies that supply ingredients and finished packaging for these products; and oleochemical producers. SDA and its members are dedicated to improving health and the quality of life through sustainable cleaning products and practices.
SOURCE Soap and Detergent Association