ASPEN, Colo., April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrated chefs, restaurant operators and leading hospitality industry professionals will gather at the historic Hotel Jerome in Aspen from June 20-22, 2014, for the 25th annual American Express Restaurant Trade Program. An exclusive feature of the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen, this year's program will showcase three panels that offer best practices and insights from the industry's brightest culinary stars, as well as valuable networking opportunities.
"For more than 30 years American Express has been an advocate of the restaurant industry and its merchants," said Stephanie Chadwick, Vice President of the Restaurant Merchant Services Group at American Express. "Together with our incredible culinary partners, the 25th annual Restaurant Trade Program allows merchants to engage in an open dialogue with best-in-class restaurateurs, chefs and mixologists."
The schedule for the 25th annual American Express Restaurant Trade Program is as follows:
FRIDAY, JUNE 20
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – "Meet the Masters: 25 Years of Excellence"
- Moderated by: Andrew Zimmern (Chef, Owner & Television Host)
- Panelists: Michael Chiarello (Chef & Owner, Bottega & Coqueta), Barbara Lynch (Chef & Founder, Barbara Lynch Gruppo), Danny Meyer (CEO & Founder, Union Square Hospitality Group), and Jonathan Waxman (Chef, Barbuto; Author, A Great American Cook & Italian, My Way).
- Topics: Experts will share tips and ideas for surviving and thriving in a competitive industry.
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. – "Shake it Up: Using the Bar to Drive Business"
- Moderated by: Steve Dolinsky (Food Reporter, ABC 7 Chicago News; Founder, Culinary Communication)
- Panelists: Dave Arnold (Founder & President, Museum of Food and Drink; Host, Cooking Issues; Owner, Booker & Dax), Charles Joly (Beverage Director, the Aviary; Founder, Crafthouse Cocktails), and Kimberly Patton-Bragg (Head Bartender, Tivoli & Lee).
- Topics: From seasonal cocktails to micro-distillation and clarity of ice, the most respected minds on mixology will discuss the future of the bar program and its role in the world of hospitality.
SATURDAY, JUNE 21
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – "The Evolution of Customer Loyalty"
- Moderated by: Steve Dolinsky
- Panelists: Sean Brock (Chef, Husk & McCrady's), Tom Colicchio (Chef & Owner; Craft Restaurants, Colicchio & Sons), Graham Elliot (Chef, Graham Elliot Bistro), and Stephanie Izard (Author, Girl in the Kitchen; Chef, Girl & the Goat, Little Goat Diner).
- Topics: Panelists will discuss key strategies and tools they use to keep customers coming back, including their overall approach to customer service and retaining patrons.
About American Express
American Express is proud to present the 25th annual American Express Restaurant Trade Program at the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen. American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. For more than 30 years, American Express has assisted in efforts to enhance the growth of the restaurant industry by creating and implementing programs designed to benefit restaurateurs. American Express also supports the restaurant community through sponsorships and commitments to a diverse range of industry organizations.
Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Note to Editors:
For more information on the 2014 American Express Restaurant Trade Program, please visit foodandwine.com/classic.
Baltz & Company for American Express Restaurant Trade Program
SOURCE American Express