SAN FRANCISCO, May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Schoold today introduced scholarships, a major functionality that connects students with applicable and worthy scholarships at their chosen colleges. The company's new algorithm-based scholarship functionality is the first-of-a-kind to factor in a broad range of details to identify and deliver scholarships that are highly relevant and presented in the context of students' interests.
Schoold's goal is to present students with scholarships related to college and major. The new functionality will continue to send personalized award opportunities that fit students' profiles. Schoold's new approach helps create re-engagement instead of requiring students to find new, relevant scholarships via individual, one-time searches.
The passing of the May 1 college decision deadline means that 3 million students have committed to their college of choice. They now face the financial reality called upon each semester to pay rising tuition, fees, books and room-and-board.
According to a new national report on college affordability, higher education is less affordable today than it was before the economic downturn. With the steady rise in college tuition, for many students, scholarships are a must. Credible scholarship sources remain elusive and finding them is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
Available free of charge, Schoold's new scholarship functionality factors in user profiles and interests to present relevant, appealing scholarships for each user. Today, many scholarship sites require that students pay upfront. Students soon discover they have to waste inordinate amounts of time wading through a mountain of largely irrelevant scholarships. Schoold's scholarship functionality has several advantages, including:
- Students can zero in on scholarships specific to their college to identify only the most pertinent ones.
- Scholarship scroll is personalized according to the colleges and majors that students have selected or shown interest in pursuing. If a student hasn't completed their profile yet, scholarships are surfaced based upon general and personal usage data.
- Intelligent, automated notifications, powered by Schoold's matching algorithms, alert users of newly available scholarships relevant to them.
- Machine learning to adapt over time as more users create profiles and find appropriate scholarships.
- The list of available scholarships can be sorted further based on award amount or application deadline.
- Detailed information on how to apply is made available for each scholarship.
Schoold provides students with comprehensive data that extends beyond traditional college search to guide users from initial college and career planning to realizing their dreams. The company takes an advanced, comprehensive approach by aggregating and delivering hard-to-find, disparate public data sources integrated with social media graphs, delightful content, data science, exceptional design, AI and personalization to create an all-in-one, interactive resource for young adults.
Schoold is a private education technology company that empowers students through knowledge and personalized information to enable their decision-making. Students face many challenges today, and with Schoold, students get the information they need to help them lead happy, successful lives, creating a brighter future for everyone. Learn more at www.schoold.co.
Ignite Public Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/schoold-introduces-free-scholarship-functionality-to-help-students-instantly-search-and-identify-relevant-scholarships-300267424.html