NEW YORK, Jan. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) and Playtech Limited (AIM: PTEC) today announced they will present together for the first time at the International Gaming Expo taking place January 26-28, 2010 at the Earl's Court Exhibition Centre in London. This tradeshow immediately follows the two companies' announcement of the formation of strategic partnerships to jointly develop and market next-generation internet and land-based gaming products and services to regulated gaming operators.
This tradeshow will be the first venue to feature the unique attributes of Playtech's industry-leading B2B gaming software and comprehensive portfolio of products melded with Scientific Games' proven ability to provide added value, turnkey solutions to government-sponsored (B2G) and commercial (B2B) gaming operators. Visitors can view this collaboration in Playtech's interactive booth No 5550, Playtech's Videobet booth No 3480 and Scientific Games' The Global Draw and Games Media booth number 4235.
- Sciplay, Scientific Games and Playtech's new internet joint venture, will be on display for the first time. Sciplay offers an extensive library of creative and innovative game content for download and internet applications, including for poker, casino games, instant games, sports betting, skill games, bingo games and casual games to the lottery and player.
- Sciplay also offers a complete suite of internet gaming solutions to help lotteries effectively and cost efficiently manage and support their websites, while maximizing the value of every player visit.
- Operators will be able to see a more sophisticated and comprehensive content/terminal/management system offering for government and commercial operators. SG/PT will be demonstrating how they can integrate and cross-promote their instant ticket, traditional lottery, internet, video lottery and sports betting systems on one platform with far greater functionality.
- Scientific Games' wholly-owned subsidiaries, The Global Draw and Games Media, will showcase their new product offerings, including machines using Playtech's subsidiary Videobet technology. Videobet gives The Global Draw and Games Media the ability to combine server-based gaming and a casino management system in one comprehensive solution.
- The Global Draw will demonstrate Videobet's centralized reporting, slot accounting tools, real time alerts, configurable game settings, game updates and game shifting ensure total, as well as a sophisticated player loyalty and bonus system for effective, targeted marketing efforts.
Playtech develops unified software platforms for the online and land based gambling industry, primarily targeting existing online operators wanting to upgrade their system; sportsbooks looking to diversify and land-based operators making their online debut. Playtech gaming applications - online casino, poker, bingo, mobile gaming, live gaming, land-based kiosk networks and fixed-odds games - are fully inter-compatible and can be freely incorporated as stand-alone applications, accessed and funded by players through the same user account and managed by the operator by means of a single powerful management interface. Founded in 1999, Playtech has more than 800 personnel distributed globally, around seventy five percent of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. It is an associate member of the World Lotteries Association. Playtech has been listed on London Stock Exchange's AIM market since 2006 under the symbol (AIM: PTEC).
Head of Investor Relations
+44 (0) 20 7861 3232
About Scientific Games
Scientific Games Corporation is a leading integrated supplier of instant tickets, systems and services to lotteries worldwide, a leading supplier of server based gaming machines and systems, Amusement and Skill with Prize betting terminals, interactive sports betting terminals and systems, and wagering systems and services to pari-mutuel operators. It is also a licensed pari-mutuel gaming operator in Connecticut, Maine and the Netherlands. The Company's customers are in the United States and more than 50 other countries. For more information about the Company, please visit our web site at www.scientificgames.com.
Scientific Games Contact
Certain statements in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements describe future expectations, plans, results or strategies and can often be identified by the use of terminology such as "may," "will," "estimate," "intend," "continue," "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "could," "potential," "opportunity," or similar terminology. These statements are based upon management's current expectations, assumptions and estimates and are not guarantees of future results or performance. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in these statements due to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors, including, among other things: competition; material adverse changes in economic and industry conditions; recent changes to certain contracts; technological change; retention and renewal of existing contracts and entry into new contracts; availability and adequacy of cash flow to satisfy obligations and indebtedness or future needs; protection of intellectual property; security and integrity of software and systems; laws and government regulation, including those relating to gaming licenses, permits and operations; inability to identify, complete and integrate future acquisitions; seasonality; ability to enhance and develop successful gaming concepts; influence of certain stockholders; dependence on suppliers and manufacturers; liability for product defects; factors associated with foreign operations; dependence on key personnel; failure to perform on contracts; resolution of pending or future litigation; labor matters; and stock price volatility. Additional information regarding risks and uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in forward-looking statements is set forth from time to time in our filings with the SEC, including under the heading "Risk Factors" in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. Forward- looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and, except for our ongoing obligations under the U.S. federal securities laws, we undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Scientific Games Corporation