WEST HARTFORD, Conn., Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SCIO Health Analytics today announced that the first chapter of its eBook, "Behavior Analytics: Using Actions to Create Insights That Improve Outcomes," is now available for download at http://bit.ly/2j0upPN.
The first chapter, "Data Matters: Creating the Understanding That Drives Change," discusses how next-generation behavioral and predictive analytics create a 360-degree view of individuals or populations to better determine the likely effectiveness of various courses of actions.
"The use of these next-generation behavioral and predictive analytics is a far more reliable predictor of success in managing population health, because they use actions grounded in reality to create insights that improve outcomes," said Lalithya Yerramilli, vice president of analytics for SCIO Health Analytics. "This and subsequent chapters of the eBook will help health payers, providers, life sciences organizations and others across the healthcare continuum to understand how they can use behavioral analytics to help drive better clinical, financial, patient satisfaction and operational outcomes."
Future chapters for the eBook, to be released monthly in the first half of 2017, will address:
- The data layering needed to create a 360-degree view
- Using personas to better understand who consumers and patients are by their behavior and how those behaviors affect risk
- How behavioral and attitudinal analytics can help stratify patients more effectively to show where an investment in additional or focused care will have the greatest impact, both clinically and financially
- Leveraging behavioral data to improve patient outcomes based on past actions, increasing the likelihood that interventions will be made where they have the greatest impact
- How organizations can use behavioral analytics to structure programs to ensure compliance with care plans, prescriptions and/or medical device recommendations
- Determining the best approach to change management through the use of behavioral and attitudinal analytics in order to achieve goals in standardizing care
"Behavioral analytics offers great promise in predicting how human nature impacts the quality, efficiency and cost of care," David Hom, chief evangelist at SCIO Health Analytics, said. "In such a nascent area, this eBook provides a detailed roadmap to help explore and better understand the impact various stimuli and outside forces have on patient care, based on actual reactions and not just conjecture."
About SCIO Health Analytics
Based in West Hartford, Connecticut, SCIO Health Analytics is a leading health analytics solution and services company. It serves healthcare organizations across the continuum including over 20 provider groups and 30 health plans representing more than 90 million members, four of the top six PBMs, and clients in 30 countries for 8 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. SCIO provides predictive analytic solutions and services that transform data into actionable insights, helping healthcare organizations create the understanding that drives change through care, network and reimbursement optimization as well as commercial effectiveness. SCIO's insights as a service approach supports the shift to value-based care, solving healthcare problems simply and efficiently. Visit SCIO's new website for up to date information on their product and solution offerings: www.sciohealthanalytics.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scio-health-analytics-makes-first-chapter-of-complementary-behavior-analytics-ebook-available-300388191.html
SOURCE SCIO Health Analytics