DALLAS, Jan. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is pleased to announce the appointment of Scott Spivey to FHLB Dallas' 2016 Affordable Housing Advisory Council. His three-year term began January 1, 2016.
Mr. Spivey is the executive director of the Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC), where he oversees day-to-day operations and leads the development and administration of statewide initiatives including the Mortgage Revenue Bond program and the Housing Tax Credit program.
"MHC has worked with FHLB Dallas for many years, and it has been a fruitful partnership," Mr. Spivey said. "I'm looking forward to working with the Advisory Council to help advance affordable housing issues with FHLB Dallas."
The Council is comprised of 13 representatives from state, community, and nonprofit organizations who advise FHLB Dallas' Board of Directors on affordable housing and economic development issues. The remaining members of the Council are:
- Chairman Michelle Whetten, vice president and impact market leader, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Vice-Chairman André Stephens, executive director, St. Francis Community Development Corporation, Forrest City, Arkansas
- Michael Gerber, president and CEO, Housing Authority of the City of Austin, Texas
- Cynthia Griffin, executive director, Habitat for Humanity – Mississippi Capital Area, Jackson, Mississippi
- Cassie Hicks, University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, Jackson, Mississippi
- Matt Hull, executive director, Texas Association of Community Development Corporations, Austin, Texas
- Arlene Leviege, housing program coordinator/manager, Tunica-Biloxi Housing Authority, Marksville, Louisiana
- Tim Pierce, executive director, South Plains Association of Governments, Lubbock, Texas
- Karen Phillips, deputy director, Crawford Sebastian CDC, Inc., Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Felipe Rael, executive director, Greater Albuquerque Housing Partnership, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Deborah Webster, principal, Concept Consulting Group, LLC, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Jacque Haas Woodring, board member, Commonwealth Multifamily Housing Corporation, Boerne, Texas
Greg Hettrick, first vice president and director of Community Investment at FHLB Dallas, said Mr. Spivey and MHC have contributed significantly to Mississippi's affordable housing stock.
"FHLB Dallas is pleased to welcome Scott to the Advisory Council," Mr. Hettrick said. "He brings knowledge and experience in affordable housing that will benefit the Council and our entire membership."
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas is one of 11 district banks in the FHLBank System created by Congress in 1932. FHLB Dallas, with total assets of $43.0 billion as of September 30, 2015, is a member-owned cooperative that supports housing and community development by providing competitively priced advances and other credit products to approximately 865 members and associated institutions in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Texas. For more information, visit fhlb.com.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
SOURCE Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas