SEATTLE, Nov. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Screencast-O-Matic, the free and simple way for individuals, businesses, and educators to make and share screen recordings, today is launching Version 2.0 (v2.0). Advancing on the massive popularity of the v1.0 version is a modern user interface, new features for both free and Pro users, and new hosting options. v2.0 retains a very intuitive interface which allows you to make and upload screen recordings free with no hassle.
v2.0 Free Recorder new features (get it here):
- A modern intuitive set of controls retaining the simplicity that users love in the v1.0 version
- Ability to use multiple monitors connected to your computer
- Expanded web cam controls for placement and to toggle modes between webcam and screen including multiple webcam sizes
- Background noise reduction
- Ability to select just a section of the original video timeline for publishing
v2.0 Pro Recorder and Editing Tools new features (get it here):
- Updated scripted recordings to more easily produce polished recordings
- Option to add background music
- New editing options for webcam video
- Simplified timeline editing with broad array of tools that autosave your edits
- Ability to undo your edits if needed
- More options to customize cursor highlighting
- New transition effects with 3D transitions
v2.0 Pro Hosting new features (get it here):
- Simplified hosting plans provided in our Basic, Team and Recorder API Plans
- Team Hosting Plan which allows you to share hosting with your faculty or staff
- Recorder API Plan providing the ability to embed the recorder in your website
- Ability to add the recorder to channels you create
- As part of our launch announcement we are offering the 1st month free for all monthly Pro Hosting Plans or a 20% discount if an annual plan is selected
"Screencast-O-Matic is introducing v2.0 based on feedback from users and fans globally," said AJ Gregory, Founder and CTO of Screencast-O-Matic. v2.0 meets the needs of individuals, businesses and educators to capture, enhance, and share compelling screen recordings."
Existing Screencast-O-Matic customers can upgrade now at no additional cost. New customers can get the v2.0 Recorder free at http://www.screencast-o-matic.com or purchase a Pro account for $15/year or $39/3years at http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/gopro.
With over 25 million recordings, Screencast-O-Matic has become a leading provider of learning and sharing experiences for educators, gamers, businesses, support companies or anyone needing to record and share their computer and video experiences.
Screencast-O-Matic, the video screen capture learning and sharing company takes visual collaboration to the next level. Our solution, offered both in free and premium versions, allows individuals and companies to create visually compelling and authentic video solutions for learning and collaboration. Our SaaS approach provides one step access to the screen recorder and editing tools and allows users to take advantage of our hosting solutions or to host via their favorite hosting service. Screencast-O-Matic is a privately held company headquartered in Seattle, WA. For more information, visit http://www.screencast-o-matic.com.