RACINE, Wis., March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for spring cleaning, Scrubbing Bubbles® is revealing the dirt behind how and why women of all ages clean their homes. According to the Scrubbing Bubbles® Dirty Work Index(1), a comprehensive national study, women's cleaning habits form well before adulthood and 94 percent still use the cleaning habits they first learned. When it comes to cleaning, the old adage of "like mother, like daughter," still rings true. In fact, 81 percent of moms teach their daughters how to clean, and 50 percent still call mom first for cleaning advice.
As women who learned cleaning habits from their mothers, Michele Adams and Gia Russo of Daily.ThredUp.com and members of the Dirty Work Panel relate. "I remember my mom using Scrubbing Bubbles® as a child and the clean smell it left behind. Ever since, I've used the same products she trusted, knowing that they always got the job done quickly and easily," said Russo.
Not only is cleaning a family affair but it's also viewed as a personal experience. The Index found that 79 percent of women say the cleanliness of their home is a direct reflection of themselves and 60 percent feel that they are responsible for all of the cleaning in their homes.
The study also revealed that as life evolves, so do cleaning habits. A majority of women say buying a home (53 percent) or having children (81 percent of women ages 35-44) are the biggest life events that lead to a change in cleaning routines. And 42 percent say that cleaning their home has become a bigger priority to them over time.
"Interestingly, I noticed that cleaning became more important to me as I got older. I found that, like a majority of women, I was cleaning for my own self satisfaction and pride rather than for guests, children or my husband," said Adams.
Adams and Russo say the key to being satisfied with your cleaning routine is being armed with the right cleaning tools and remembering what you've already learned. They provide their tried and true tips:
- Keep Clean In Between. Pick up clothes, mail and books as you move from room to room keeping the house picked up between deep cleanings. Hold onto the "just cleaned" look of your home with products that keep cleaning for you. One example, Scrubbing Bubbles® Toilet Cleaning Gel— it circulates a small amount of gel around the toilet bowl, keeping it smelling and looking fresh with each flush.
- Prevent the Mess. A well-planned storage system is the backbone to a clean and organized house. De-clutter cabinets and closets first and organize each one. The less clutter around the house means less mess for you to clean.
- Channel the Multi-Tasker! Arm yourself with products that can move from room to room. Fantastik® Oxy Power® Multi-Purpose Cleaner from the makers of Scrubbing Bubbles® removes dirt and grease from hard surfaces. The one stop solution makes it easy to clean your kitchen and your bathroom in less time.
Adams and Russo have partnered with Scrubbing Bubbles® as members of the Dirty Work Panel(2) alongside Donna Erickson, host of the PBS show, "Donna's Day," and Colleen Padilla, founder of ClassyMommy.com. Together, the panel is working to unlock the secrets behind cleaning and how they get the job done quickly and easily.
About Scrubbing Bubbles®
Scrubbing Bubbles® sprays, tools, wipes and cleaners help get rid of the toughest soap scum, hard-water stains, dirt, mold, mildew and grime. And, there's a solution for every bathroom surface from faucets and fixtures to tile and tubs. Scrubbing Bubbles® does the work, so you don't have to.
Many of Scrubbing Bubbles'® trusted products are now available in a new odor eliminating formula, such as: Toilet Cleaning Gel, Fresh Brush® 2-in-1 Toilet Cleaner, Extend-A-Clean™ Power Sprayer, Daily Shower Cleaner Power Sprayer, Fantastik® Oxy Power® Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Mega Shower Foamer, Antibacterial Bathroom Wipes, Automatic Shower Cleaner, Foaming Bathroom Cleaners, Action Scrubber™ and Soap Scum Remover.
Scrubbing Bubbles® products are available in grocery, drug, mass-merchandise and do-it-yourself retailers. For more information on Scrubbing Bubbles® visit www.scrubbingbubbles.com, www.Facebook.com/ScrubbingBubbles or follow us on Twitter at @ScrubbingBubble.
(1) The Scrubbing Bubbles® Dirty Work Index Comprehensive Report was a telephone survey conducted by StrategyOne between August 5-11, 2010. The sample consisted of 1500 women ages 18-64. The national results of this study have a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 at the 95 percent level of confidence.
(2) Paid spokespeople for Scrubbing Bubbles
SC Johnson is a family-owned and managed business dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, and pest control. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, and MR. MUSCLE®. The 125-year-old company, with more than $8 billion in sales, employs approximately 12,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com
SOURCE Scrubbing Bubbles