HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- The Sears Blue Crew, the trusted experts at Sears who help in-store customers get exactly what they need, is taking its knowledge and expertise online. Through the launch of the Sears Blue Crew HQ digital platform (www.sears.com/bluecrewhq), the Sears experts will come to life in both an entertaining and educational way to help customers get all the information they need to find their perfect product.
"Based on the overwhelmingly positive response we've received from our in-store customers, we've decided to expand the Sears Blue Crew's presence online, so that our customers can also engage online on a personal level with our Blue Crew experts," said Scott Freidheim, EVP, Operating and Support Businesses and Interim CMO, Sears Holdings Corporation. By housing all Sears Blue Crew capabilities in one place online, customers will be able to easily get the information they're looking for at any time, anywhere and have the confidence that they are making smart decisions when it comes to purchasing new products for their homes.
The site will bring the Sears Blue Crew trusted advisors to life online by featuring archetypes who demonstrate the Blue Crew's guiding principles:
- Randall, aka "The Fixer": Knows parts and repairs inside and out. He is always ready to save the day
- Tom, aka "The Stork": Prides himself in delivery that is courteous, professional and on time, every time
- Pam, aka "The Matchmaker": Knows the selection inside and out. She will help match customers with the perfect product
- Jill, aka "The Night Owl": Provides customers with 24/7 support whenever they need it. She is always ready to troubleshoot and answer questions
At launch, the Sears Blue Crew HQ site will feature relevant, entertaining Blue Crew related content modules that will provide customers with a more personalized experience when making decisions on their new products, including:
- TV Matchmaker – Helps customers find their TV match by asking a series of compatibility questions
- Live Greener – Identifies eco-friendly products and services for customers looking to make greener choices
- Shop Your Way Rewards – Allows customers to earn rewards toward their Sears purchases regardless of their method of payment - cash or credit. The rewards are stored on the Shop Your Way Rewards card and members can redeem rewards where and how they desire
- Personal Shopper – Connects customers with a live personal shopper. The iPhone application allows customers to snap a picture of their desired product, send it to Sears' team of personal shoppers and then receive a notification via a phone call or e-mail when the team has found their product
The Sears Blue Crew was created to help in-store customers get the items they need to make their lives better – at a fair price, with superior quality and service. The Sears Blue Crew was first launched as the Sears Blue Appliance Crew in 2008, focusing only on home appliances. It was then expanded to other home-related areas including lawn & garden, home electronics, tools, fitness, automotive and home services by the first half of 2010.
For more information on the Sears Blue Crew HQ, please visit www.sears.com/bluecrewhq.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation