BEDFORD, N.H., March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Segway Inc. (Segway), the world's leading provider of electric personal transportation, announces the expansion of its product portfolio with the launch of new i2 and x2 SE PTs and SegSolution accessory packages.
New SE PT Models, Same MSRP
Segway's new i2 SE travels indoors and outdoors, easily passing through a standard doorway, while the x2 SE is tuned to navigate off-road terrain including grass, gravel and sand. Both models offer an improved look as well as enhancements in comfort, portability and usability with no increase to the MSRP.
- Improved SE PT Features:
- An improved LeanSteer™ frame that can be quickly removed for easy storing and transporting of your PT in almost any vehicle
- A refined foot panel that is optimized for rider comfort
- Gliding lights that enhance your PT's visibility in low light
- Available SE PT Options:
- Authentic Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity camouflage pattern applied to the PT's LeanSteer, console and fenders using a laser robotics process to ensure superior fit and finish
- Segway-designed, high-quality and comprehensive SegSolution accessory packages that add value and increase functionality
"These new SE models maintain Segway's tradition of superior design in the personal transportation market," said Mark Vena, Chief Marketing Officer, Segway Inc. "Combine the style of Mossy Oak's Break-Up Infinity camo with the improved utility of our new SegSolution offerings and Segway PTs will appeal to an even broader customer base."
New SegSolution Accessory Packages
Crafted to optimize the Segway PT's usefulness, SegSolutions are accessory-based packages designed to Segway's high standards for quality, safety and durability.
- i2 SE SegSolutions
- Commuter Solution – Glide quickly, comfortably and in an eco-friendly way. This package delivers storage and a handlebar accessory with a smartphone/tablet articulating mount to help you navigate and stay connected.
- Commercial Solution – Travel throughout expansive warehouses and easily maneuver in narrow aisles by leveraging the i2 SE's zero turning radius. This package features a practical quick-release mount for rapid loading/unloading of cargo, waterproof storage cases and a handlebar accessory with a smartphone/tablet articulating mount to keep you connected to the team.
- Logistics Solution – This package boasts the option of either cargo cases or open storage bins to meet the specific needs of commercial businesses. It also offers the incredibly useful Power Pack Front Mount Case that provides riders storage as well as a 12 volt rechargeable Lithium Ion battery that powers additional lighting and a warning horn as well as charges a smartphone/tablet via two user accessible USB ports.
- x2 SE SegSolutions
- Turf Solution – Low pressure tires glide over a wide variety of terrain and ensure a comfortable ride, yet still provide the traction needed to navigate hills and off-road landscapes. The package is available in Break-Up Infinity camouflage and is fully compatible with numerous SegSolution quick-release storage options.
- Adventure Solution – The PT's virtually silent motor and Break-Up Infinity camouflage allows nature lovers to discreetly explore. Its quick release storage system offers convenient loading/unloading of whatever you'd like to bring (binoculars, a camera, provisions, etc.) on your adventure. This package also delivers a handlebar accessory with a smartphone/tablet articulating mount to help riders navigate and stay connected.
- Silent Hunter Solution – This solution meets the sportsman's need to discreetly plot a route to their hunting destination and features a quick-release storage system for easy loading/unloading and practically transports basic hunting equipment. It also offers the incredibly useful Power Pack Front Mount Case that provides hunters with additional storage as well as a 12 volt recharable battery to power additional lighting or charge a smartphone/tablet via two user accessible USB ports.
New Consumer and Commercial Financing Programs
Segway is also making it easier for U.S. consumers and commercial customers to add Segway products to their lives and businesses with financing programs from First Mutual Finance and Susquehanna Commercial Finance, respectively. Both offer a streamlined application process as well as appealing rates and terms. Purchasing Segway products has never been more affordable. Contact your Authorized U.S. Dealer to apply.
"Segway is on an upward trajectory as we aggressively work to expand our U.S. distribution network in 2014," said Rod Keller, President, Segway Inc. "The launch of our SE models and SegSolutions accessory packages as well as attractive consumer and commercial financing offers is exciting! It arms us with new market-expanding products and programs that resonate with consumers, commercial material handlers, tour operators, outdoor adventure riders and recreational vehicle owners."
The new PT SE models are now available worldwide. Please visit segway.com for more information on i2 SE, x2 SE and SegSolution products, to identify the Authorized U.S. Dealer or International Distributor nearest you or to learn more about becoming an Authorized U.S. Segway Dealer.
Segway Inc., based in Bedford, New Hampshire, is the world's leading provider of personal electric transportation. Its international network currently includes more than 250 distributor, dealer and experience center retail points in 80 countries.
Segway and the Segway 'flyguy' logo are registered trademarks of Segway Inc. Trademarks not owned by Segway are the property of their respective owners as designated.
SOURCE Segway Inc.