HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- ServiceLive.com, a subsidiary of Sears Holdings, today reported reaching a monthly transaction record, completing more than 50,000 service orders in two consecutive months – April and May.
ServiceLive.com is the first true nationwide online marketplace for home services, connecting skilled service providers to businesses and consumers. From plumbing and painting, to IT help, ServiceLive's platform removes the headaches and hassles of getting services done at home.
Each year, nearly 130 million homes are in need of maintenance and one to two million homes are added to the housing inventory. Currently, the market is fragmented; no one company owns more than one percent.(1)
"With our newly designed platform, expanding national database of service providers, and iPhone app, I am confident that ServiceLive will continue to grow to meet the needs of the home services industry," said George Coll, president of ServiceLive.
Service without the Headaches
- Easy Research: Thousands of detailed pro profiles are easily searched and sorted, and include reviews and ratings only from customers who have hired pros through the marketplace.
- Peace of Mind Built-In: Each on-site pro in the ServiceLive marketplace has passed a background check. When combined with user reviews, it provides a level of information previously unavailable through phone directories or Web searches.
- Live Bidding, or Name Your Price: Once you describe your project, you can ask the pros you like the best to bid on it, or simply name your price – to get the price that's best for your project from the pros you select without spending hours on the phone.
- No Surprises: Pricing and services are agreed upon up front.
- Easy Communication: Questions, answers and bids can be seen and submitted by you and all the pros you have selected.
- Simple Project Management: Each user has a project center to track their projects and activity easily online. Also, a free iPhone app allows busy homeowners and professionals a way to communicate and manage service projects on-the-go.
- Proprietary Payment System: ServiceLive uses a proprietary online payment system that allows you to add funds to your account when you accept a bid or name the price you want to pay; and then just click "pay" to transfer funds to the pro when the job is done to your satisfaction.(2)
For more information, visit www.servicelive.com.
(1) Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University, The Remodeling Market in Transition
(2) Patent Pending
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation