CHICAGO, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today VTech® announced seven of its products received The National Parenting Center's Seal of Approval. The Kidizoom® Smartwatch DX, Go! Go! Smart Wheels® Ultimate RC Speedway™, Go! Go! Smart Animals® Grow & Learn Farm™, Sit-to-Stand Ultimate Alphabet Train™, Lil' Critters Soothing Starlight Hippo™, Lil' Critters Roll & Discover Ball™ and Write & Learn Creative Center™ were all recognized by the organization.
"We are thrilled to receive so many awards from The National Parenting Center," said William To, President, VTech Electronics North America. "It's an honor to receive recognition of our continued commitment to developing high-quality, age-appropriate products that parents and kids love."
The Kidizoom Smartwatch DX, a durable color touchscreen smartwatch that features a camera, video and voice recorder with generous memory to capture kids' adventures, continues to dominate this awards season. Kids can zip over 4.5' of interchangeable tracks and nine SmartPoint™ locations with an adorable RC race car that's part of the Go! Go! Smart Wheels Ultimate RC Speedway, while Go! Go! Smart Animals Grow & Learn Farm offers more ways for kids to go wild with learning. The other award winning products are part of VTech's growing Baby, Infant & Preschool lines, which now includes more than 100 innovative learning products.
"Once again, VTech products proved that they know how to connect with children and their parents," said David Katzner, President of The National Parenting Center (www.tnpc.com). "There is a reason they continue to rack up Seals of Approval. After our most recent period of hands-on consumer testing their commitment to pushing boundaries and producing top-notch products shines through. Their ability to engage children on a variety of levels is a testament to their dedication. We applaud them and our testers give them a thumbs up."
Additional details about VTech's award-winning products can be found at www.vtechkids.com and include:
- Kidizoom® Smartwatch DX: The Kidizoom Smartwatch DX is an even smarter watch for kids with more fun games and activities! Perfect for young photographers, this durable smartwatch has more memory so kids can take tons of pictures and videos. Kids will love using the new motion sensor to explore three action challenges. The Smartwatch DX also includes eight games kids can play using the touch screen as well as the ability to download more from the Learning Lodge®. The watch helps teach kids how to tell time by letting them choose between more than fifty 3D digital and analog displays. In addition to the alarm, timer and stopwatch, two new tools include a calendar feature and a calculator so children can work out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. (Ages 4 years and up, MSRP: $64.99)
- Go! Go! Smart Wheels® Ultimate RC Speedway™: Zip around the Go! Go! Smart Wheels Ultimate RC Speedway and speed through four action zones and over nine SmartPoint® locations using the steering wheel-shaped remote control for an exciting interactive experience with the RC SmartPoint Racer! The speedway is 4.5 feet of interchangeable tracks and features a stunt ramp, elevator, movable gears, starting flags and track switches that are all triggered by the RC race car. Ralph and his race car entertain little ones with a light-up driver button that activates playful music and fun sounds. He also teaches the letter "R" and the vehicle's name. Get another RC SmartPoint Racer (sold separately) and race a friend! (Ages 1-5 years, MSRP: $59.99)
- Go! Go! Smart Animals® Grow & Learn Farm™: Get growing at the Go! Go! Smart Animals Grow & Learn Farm. This colorful farm has an electronic barn that introduces colors, numbers and vegetables. Roll Reggie the SmartPoint® rooster over any of the seven SmartPoint locations to hear different phrases, music or fun sound effects. Then push the watering can to watch the garden "grow." Kids can also connect the tracks to other Go! Go! Smart Animals and Go! Go! Smart Wheels® playsets (sold separately). (Ages 1-5 years, MSRP: $39.99)
- Lil' Critters Soothing Starlight Hippo™: Sweet dreams are ahead with the Lil' Critters Soothing Starlight Hippo. This adorable hippo projects a vibrant starry night sky onto the ceiling in four different colors to the sounds of peaceful tunes, seven nursery rhymes, nature sounds and lullabies. Colorful light effects enhance visual awareness, while the comforting sounds and songs help soothe babies to sleep. This helpful hippo also responds to babies' cries with calming music. (Ages Birth and up, MSRP: $24.99)
- Sit-to-Stand Ultimate Alphabet Train™: Hop aboard the Sit-to-Stand Ultimate Alphabet Train and play ten activities while learning letters, numbers, colors and more. The train helps build motor skills with six manipulative features including a storybook, clock, gears and 13 double-sided letter blocks that little ones can plug into the side of the train to learn letters and build their vocabulary. The train also recognizes the blocks when they're dropped down the chute. For role-play fun, pick up the walkie-talkie and press the number buttons to pretend to talk to animal friends. The Ultimate Alphabet Train is designed to grow with children and can be used with floor play or as a ride on and transforms into a walker. When little conductors get older, the caboose converts into a wagon they can fill with toys and pull along to develop gross motor skills. (Ages 12-36 mos, MSRP: $49.99)
- Write & Learn Creative Center™: The Write & Learn Creative Center provides children with an interactive and fun way to give them a head start on how to write. Animated demonstrations help preschoolers follow along to learn proper stroke order for uppercase and lowercase letters. Customize the creative center with a child's name and the screen will show them how to write it step-by-step. Choose a drawing activity and children will learn to draw by progressing from simple lines and shapes to 26 different objects. Little artists can then explore their creativity by drawing their own pictures with the included stencils and stamps while listening to the cheerful music. (Ages 3-6 years, MSRP: $24.99)
- Lil' Critters Roll & Discover Ball™: It's a circus of fun with the Lil' Critters Roll & Discover Ball. Little ones can toss, shake, roll and crawl after this bright ball to hear more than 50 cheerful melodies, phrases and sounds while strengthening their motor skills. Six playful animal characters and a variety of soft textures will capture children's attention and encourage exploration, and pressing the big star button introduces numbers and animals. This soft ball has loads of entertainment for active babies, all rolled up into one toy. (Ages 6 mos and up, MSRP: $14.99)
VTech® is a world leader in age-appropriate and developmental stage-based electronic learning products for children. As a pioneer in the learning toy category, VTech develops high-quality, innovative educational products that enrich children's development and make learning fun. With a rich, almost 35 year history, VTech has not only established itself as a learning authority but also consistently remains at the forefront of innovation with multiple award-winning products such as the InnoTab® MAX, VTech's first children's tablet with Android™ learning content, Kidizoom® Smartwatch, the first smartwatch for kids with a built-in camera, InnoTab® 3S, MobiGo®, V.Reader® and V.Smile®. The Learning Lodge®, VTech's comprehensive app store, features a robust library of more than 800 educational and entertaining games, e-Books, music and videos with engaging age-appropriate content across the widest variety of curricula, with content expanding to offer even more titles. The company also has a broad range of award-winning infant and preschool products available in 24 different languages worldwide, with more than 100 new products introduced every year. VTech was awarded a prestigious 2015 Toy of The Year (TOTY) Award for its Go! Go! Smart Animals® Zoo Explorers Playset™. In order to further strengthen VTech's position as a learning authority, the company's Expert Panel, with esteemed experts in reading, language arts, science, math, and child development, consult on new product introductions and Learning Lodge content.
VTech Electronics North America, LLC is based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. VTech Electronics Limited is headquartered in Hong Kong with distribution globally.
About The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval Program
The National Parenting Center's Seal of Approval program, created in 1990 as an adjunct to TNPC's support services, identifies the finest products and services being marketed to the parent/child audience. From educational and entertainment products and equipment to travel destinations, the consumer-oriented testing process solicits evaluations from parents and their children. This award signifies to other parents that their peers have acknowledged a product's quality and desirability based on a wide variety of determining factors.
Coyne Public Relations